R142 Stripmaps

Q85Rosedale

Does anyone know when the R142's and R143's stripmaps will be updated?

I've taken the (2) and (5) a lot recently and their still announcing that the M is at Atlantic and Borough Hall & Fulton.

The stripmaps also have the Brown M signs at Fulton St, Atlantic, & Borough.

I've seen several (5) train R142's from Unionport Yard with updated stripmaps. All of the (4) and (5) trains I've ridden the past week or so had updated announcements. The (2) I haven't really noticed. The new sign on the (5) train's strip maps have more vibrant colors for the routes, especially noticeable for the (4) and (6), which are darker than before.

Also at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, Fulton St, and 59th St Charlie Pellet does the new announcements:

"Transfer is available to the (6), (J), and (Z) trains." [uptown]

"Transfer is available to the (J) and (Z) trains." [Downtown]

"Transfer is available to the (2), (3), (A), (C), (J), and (Z) trains."

"Transfer is available to the (6), (N), (Q), and (R) trains."

And of course Union Square, Borough Hall and Atlantic Ave now use the regular off-peak/weekend announcements.

Announcements have been updated on the (6)'s R142As in Manhattan, here's the announcements if you want to hear them:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl9bzeUPv5Y

59th Street- sans (W)

51st Street- sans (V) with (M)

As for the strip maps, they have yet to be updated. Some strip maps haven't been updated since 2001... Car #7667 being one of them last time I checked.

Yeah, its easy to pile into one yard and do all the 143s. 142/142A are all over the place, most had updated announcements the day of the change. I stopped looking to see if they updated the strip maps.

I always wished the strip maps were smarter, and displayed correct information when the route setup was not the normal one for the equipment set. A prime example is when a set assigned to the 5 is used for 2 service... it should have Flatbush - Nevins at least, then blank for all those east side stations (the map turns off after Nevins like in cases when trains go to Utica/New Lots) and tuns back on with 149-GC to 238th. It would turn back off after Nereid.

Archived