Best chance of finding empty subway car to film in?

rjphillips

I'm hoping to film some shots for a music video of 2 actors interacting in as empty a subway car as I can find. We'll be shooting with no lights, no tripods, no microphones, only a group of 5 of us in total working together including actors.

I'm already assuming I need to shoot really late at night on a weeknight, and I scouted the 1 train back and forth from South Ferry to Chambers Street for an hour starting at 2am and the cars were mostly empty and some cars were empty at times but I was a little surprised at the amount of people I saw at that time.

Anyone have any advice on what train lines and stations are generally the emptiest? Also, when do you think is the least busy time and day for train traffic? I'd appreciate any advice.

I'm hoping to film some shots for a music video of 2 actors interacting in as empty a subway car as I can find. We'll be shooting with no lights, no tripods, no microphones, only a group of 5 of us in total working together including actors.

I'm already assuming I need to shoot really late at night on a weeknight, and I scouted the 1 train back and forth from South Ferry to Chambers Street for an hour starting at 2am and the cars were mostly empty and some cars were empty at times but I was a little surprised at the amount of people I saw at that time.

Anyone have any advice on what train lines and stations are generally the emptiest? Also, when do you think is the least busy time and day for train traffic? I'd appreciate any advice.

The (C) between B'way Juction and euclid is empty

(6) train on City Hall loop.

(6) train on City Hall loop.

I think he meant more time than the 2 minutes it takes to go around the loop, more like a string of stations. For the aforementioned (6), as long as there's no homeless people the back couple of cars are empty after Castle Hill Avenue, leaving a good 8 minute stretch (more if you couple that with southbound until Castle Hill) to do your work.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The (D) from Coney Island to about 62 St at any time of the day...get in the front car, maybe second. Its almost always empty

I would have to go with the (D) during the day if you don't plan to film during late nights. I remember catching a (W) put in last year during 2:45 after school and it was empty all the way to Rector Street because nobody knew why that train was running in Brooklyn.

New Lots Bound (3) Train Last Car After Utica Av

Euclid Av (C) Train After Bway Junction Like R32 3838 said

(M) from Metropolitan Av to Myrtle Av 1st car

(M) from Myrtle Av to Metropolitan Av last car

^^^ Midday ^^^

Archived