Brooklyn Bus Map Discrepancy

NX Express

It matters just as much as it took for you to type that reply in the defensive manner that you just did....

But ok, since you wanna be an ass about this....

You say the B3 ends in Bath Beach. That's your opinion.

Using the word technically would lead someone to believe something is a fact.

so, try again.....

Thanks for the chuckle :cool:

It is a fact that the B3 ends in Bath Beach, like it or not, do your research please......

so, try again....

Thanks for the chuckle :cool:

It is a fact that the B3 ends in Bath Beach, like it or not, do your research please......

so, try again....

Like it or not... lol...

What the hell is there for me to like or dislike about it, dude?

...and there's definitely no research to be done on my part regarding this matter...

You keep saying that to hide behind the fact that you, yourself can't prove to us that the B3, definitively, factually, terminates in Bath Beach.... I see right through your game.... I'm not doing your dirty work for you...

The ball is in your court...

It's not up to the defendant to prove the plaintiff's case...

Definitions can vary. See the following:

http://mta.info/nyct/maps/busbkln.pdf

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/neighbor/neighm.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Beach,_Brooklyn

No neighborhood has definite boundaries. Those 3 websites all have different definitions of the neighborhood. By the MTA's definition, Bath Beach is further wes, but by nyc.gov's defintion, Bath Beach is near the B3/B64 terminal.

Let's not get into any arguments over whose definition of Bath Beach is correct.

Like it or not... lol...

What the hell is there for me to like or dislike about it, dude?

...and there's definitely no research to be done on my part regarding this matter...

You keep saying that to hide behind the fact that you, yourself can't prove to us that the B3, definitively, factually, terminates in Bath Beach.... I see right through your game.... I'm not doing your dirty work for you...

The ball is in your court...

It's not up to the defendant to prove the plaintiff's case...

There is since you keep insisting its my opinion, but thats your opinion.

You want proof, here you go:

"While technically a grid, the streets of the neighborhood have a unique nomenclature. Four two-way thoroughfares traverse the entire neighborhood, running parallel to Shore Parkway: these are Cropsey Avenue, Bath Avenue, Benson Avenue, and 86th Street, with another, Harway Avenue, running from Stillwell only as far as Twenty-Fourth Avenue. The one-way cross-streets are numbered, with the word "Bay" attached (to distinguish them, for postal reasons, from other numbering systems elsewhere in the borough), from Bay 7th Street in the northwest through Bay 50th Street"

I advise for you to not say I cant prove anything so fast......

There is since you keep insisting its my opinion, but thats your opinion.

You want proof, here you go:

"While technically a grid, the streets of the neighborhood have a unique nomenclature. Four two-way thoroughfares traverse the entire neighborhood, running parallel to Shore Parkway: these are Cropsey Avenue, Bath Avenue, Benson Avenue, and 86th Street, with another, Harway Avenue, running from Stillwell only as far as Twenty-Fourth Avenue. The one-way cross-streets are numbered, with the word "Bay" attached (to distinguish them, for postal reasons, from other numbering systems elsewhere in the borough), from Bay 7th Street in the northwest through Bay 50th Street"

I advise for you to not say I cant prove anything so fast......

lmao... you serious, kid....

Using a Wikipedia link to prove something is an epic fail....

But you can abask & have your moment in the sun...

Definitions can vary. See the following:

http://mta.info/nyct/maps/busbkln.pdf

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/neighbor/neighm.shtml

No neighborhood has definite boundaries. Those 3 websites all have different definitions of the neighborhood. By the MTA's definition, Bath Beach is further wes, but by nyc.gov's defintion, Bath Beach is near the B3/B64 terminal.

Let's not get into any arguments over whose definition of Bath Beach is correct.

Put it to you like this, champ...

1) You're reinforcing my point by saying this...

2) There is no argument over what my definition of what Bath Beach is....

3a) I'm not disagreeing that the B3 ends in Bath Beach....

3b) I'm disagreeing that its a FACT that it ends in Bath Beach....

My post was directed at Sea Beach, not you B35. I clicked the "Reply" button about a minute before your post appeared. I was telling him not to get carried away getting into an argument over where the B64 ended, and wanted to physically show him contrasting placements of Bath Beach to show that there are never solid neighborhood boundaries, and that, therefore, you can't know for a fact what neighborhood a location is in (a person disagreeing with him could've simply used the Brooklyn Bus Map and showed that the terminal was closer to Bensonhurst).

On a side note, I too agree that the terminal is in Bath Beach.

lmao... you serious, kid....

Using a Wikipedia link to prove something is an epic fail....

But you can abask & have your moment in the sun...

Actually Wiki is right, even nyc.gov shows it as well, dont tell me your gonna go against a government source now are you? Your failed rant is now over, nice try though, and remember to NOT ASSUME AND CONTRODICT next time......:)

Actually Wiki is right, even nyc.gov shows it as well, dont tell me your gonna go against a government source now are you? Your failed rant is now over, nice try though, and remember to NOT ASSUME AND CONTRODICT next time......:)

Oh, now you wanna hide behind the nyc.gov site, when the first link you threw at me in your defense was a wikipedia link.... How laughable.....

....and fyi, nyc.gov uses those boundaries for statistical means... not that those boundaries are set & cemented in stone as THE confines with which that neighborhood lies in... Don't know how many times & how many different ways this point has to be embedded into you....

Say what you want about a failed rant, but it still remains that you never proved it was a fact....

By me saying that I think the B3 ends in Bath Beach, and by you saying the B3 technically ends in Bath Beach, are two very different things.... I never disagreed about it ending there; as if to say it ends in some other neighborhood (that is not contradictory btw)... matter fact, I never even brought up where I thought the B3 ended, before CheckmateChamp's reply....

To sum it up.... Get it through your head that neighborhood boundaries are variable & interpreted differently by many different sources.... This is what you're refusing to accept in this little back & forth exchange....

Oh, now you wanna hide behind the nyc.gov site, when the first link you threw at me in your defense was a wikipedia link.... How laughable.....

....and fyi, nyc.gov uses those boundaries for statistical means... not that those boundaries are set & cemented in stone as THE confines with which that neighborhood lies in... Don't know how many times & how many different ways this point has to be embedded into you....

Say what you want about a failed rant, but it still remains that you never proved it was a fact....

By me saying that I think the B3 ends in Bath Beach, and by you saying the B3 technically ends in Bath Beach, are two very different things.... I never disagreed about it ending there; as if to say it ends in some other neighborhood (that is not contradictory btw)... matter fact, I never even brought up where I thought the B3 ended, before CheckmateChamp's reply....

To sum it up.... Get it through your head that neighborhood boundaries are variable & interpreted differently by many different sources.... This is what you're refusing to accept in this little back & forth exchange....

LMFAO you literally just went against a government source, of course cause you know your wrong and your trying to cover yourself up, nice try, keep going going and going with your talk, im just gonna sit back, look at it and laugh Dora The Explorer.

LMFAO you literally just went against a government source, of course cause you know your wrong and your trying to cover yourself up, nice try, keep going going and going with your talk, im just gonna sit back, look at it and laugh Dora The Explorer.

heh... way to cover your own bases with juvenile retaliatory remarks...

Heading down the path of deflection - a last ditch effort to cover up failure...

Still haven't proved that it's a fact that the B3 ends in Bath Beach.

Actually, back in the day, neighborhoods were given specific names and boundaries by city officials. Neighborhoods were designated so the community boards of each borough could monitor them better. Each NYC community board is assigned specific neighborhoods which do have boundries set. This made it easier for them to designate which neighborhoods fell under the jurisdiction of each board, NYPD, and FDNY precinct.

as for that same question about the B8 terminal...

No way is Brookdale Hospital considered here in East Flatbush.

my friend, hegeman/rockaway.... That is Brownsville territory...

don't even have to think about that....

Traditionally, E 98th Street is the boundary between East Flatbush and Brownsville. so the Hospital is in East Flatbush but the terminus at Hegeman / Rockaway is in Brownsville.

Traditionally, E 98th Street is the boundary between East Flatbush and Brownsville. so the Hospital is in East Flatbush but the terminus at Hegeman / Rockaway is in Brownsville.

yeah, and christmas is a "tradition" everyone doesn't celebrate.

you (and News 12 Brooklyn) can consider Brookdale being in East Flatbush if you like...

I (and many others that live here) will continue to consider that area over there, Brownsville...

hell, I even hear some people refer to Brookdale as being in Remsen Village...

there's no right or wrong here.

To throw something else in there, the Remsen-98th stretch is actually a piece of the Canarsie grid (hence, the angled orientation compared to the Flatbush grid to the west, and the Brownsville/ENY grid to the east), and I always wondered where exactly Canarsie began, and if that area was considered apart of it.

Architecturally, it looked like Flatbush and Canarsie (1920's buildings), while Brownsville had a lot of a bit older buildings, somewhat like ENY and Bushwick, plus the high rise projects, but then the terrible rundown condition of Brownsville had spread to parts of that stretch (though not so much around the hospital), where the other two neighborhoods remained nicer, and almost suburban in atmosphere, so that is why it would seem like Brownsville.

Archived