Boro's subway stations on track for $3.7B in renovations

Trainspotter

Boro's subway stations on track for $3.7B in renovations

More than 30 Brooklyn subway stations could be targeted for badly needed renovations under the proposed capital budget plan released by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority last week.

From Bushwick to Bensonhurst, and many neighborhoods in between, dilapidated stations could receive $3.7 billion in repair and refurbishing over the next four years.

Peeling paint, deteriorating benches, graffiti and rusty roofs with gaping holes are a few of the problems the MTA would fix if the budget is approved by state legislators.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - March 11, 2008

The west end, cuvler and brighton stations need an overhaul. Maybe its just me but its scary as hell walking down the steps on those els on west end and cuvler. It feels like the steps are going to give away and you are going to fall down to the street below.

But thats just me though.

The west end, cuvler and brighton stations need an overhaul. Maybe its just me but its scary as hell walking down the steps on those els on west end and cuvler. It feels like the steps are going to give away and you are going to fall down to the street below.

Probably a lot of this is set aside for the stations along Culver viaduct, and I'm guessing that after what happened at Kings Highway on the Brighton, there's going to be platform rehabilitation built into the budget for a lot of those stations.

Don't forget Sea Beach.

Don't forget Sea Beach.

Yeah sea beach too but a least its at ground level not high up in the air like the els are. The els have cranky steps at the stations which makes it very creepy. And sea beach doesnt have low fenching where if you stand next to one it would feel like a strong wind will blow you over the fence on to the street below.

They should put the fence high up like the ones on the (J) line. Then the west end and culver els would feel safer.

Archived