After some contact cleaning...

Joe

INDman was having some trouble getting the group to turn. We cleaned the group contacts and, well, a picture is worth a thousand words. For the record, 1689 was not towed out by 850 (or anything else for that matter).

4804458182_a62cae6724_b.jpg

Do excuse the lens flare, I wasn't exactly prepared for this.

INDman was having some trouble getting the group to turn. We cleaned the group contacts and, well, a picture is worth a thousand words. For the record, 1689 was not towed out by 850 (or anything else for that matter).

4804458182_a62cae6724_b.jpg

Do excuse the lens flare, I wasn't exactly prepared for this.

august?

looks like it just came out of the dealer.

So it's operational again?

Yes, there is still some things that need to be done so that guest operators can operate it, but it's operational. I should know, I took it down the line last night and posed it for this photo.

Well, it's not exactly ready for public service, but this is a big milestone for all of us who have been working our asses off on 1689. Much appreciation for all those involved in this project.

Wow I can't wait to drive this thing down the track.

I can't wait to take it past Beacon. I do have to say though, if you like the R17, you'll love the R9.

I can't wait to take it past Beacon. I do have to say though, if you like the R17, you'll love the R9.

It's like a cross between a SMEE and a Low-V, the cab and car are like that of a SMEE, but it has the braking system of a Low-V. I love operating this car.

It's like a cross between a SMEE and a Low-V, the cab and car are like that of a SMEE, but it has the braking system of a Low-V. I love operating this car.

It's one of the few things I like; those of you who know me know that there's a long list of things that I don't like!

Yup as mentioned it is MOSTLY finished. Some minor work is still required to get it fully ready to run. The slack on the trailer truck brake rigging was taken up, so the brakes will be more responsive. However, the car still does not consistently notch up properly in series and parallel due to a known part problem (I'm not going to post what it specifically is) so it is not ready for public ops YET, however it should be very soon. When I went up on Sunday, a lot more work was done between myself and another volunteer to get it closer to being fully ready for service. However..."SHE'S ALIVE"

It may not be available for guest operators in August but it may make public trips so that the public gets the opportunity to ride. By September it should be a fully completed re-addition to the operating RT fleet and be available for guest operation as well.

Wow that photo is hot! Looks like it was painted by someone. Excellent!

HA! Then that's the magic of Joe's photography since the car, REALLY really needs a paint job which it is scheduled to receive in a few months courtesy of myself and 2-4 others.

Im a huge fan of restoration but to all of you who were involved in this project congratulations! A gorgeous piece of history has come back from the dead. Thanks tto all of you for this great accomplishment.

I agree 100%. You guys at BERA did a great job! :tup:

Archived