Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

Has anyone been to a Broadway show before?

Simple question. Has any of you ever been to a major Broadway show whether it's a regular or musical one? Even 'off broadway' is ok. If you don't live in the NY area then a major show that has been played at in your town.

I offer my list in a bit. Yes I been to a few Bway shows.:P

Nah not me. too fruity.. Im not into the way they act/sing .. It just reminds me more of fight club

"we are the all singing all dancing crap of the world.."

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The Color Purple

A Raisin in the Sun

Nah not me. too fruity.. Im not into the way they act/sing .. It just reminds me more of fight club

"we are the all singing all dancing crap of the world.."

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant assessment for Broadway shows.

The shows I've seen are 42nd Street and Stomp which was awesome!

*Avenue Q

*Fiddler on the Roof (twice)

Rent

Peter Pan

*Jersey Boys

Mary Poppins

South Pacific

West Side Story

Cats

The Lion King

The Phantom of the Opera

Hairspray

Annie

*Mamma Mia! (thrice)

*The King and I (twice)

*Chicago (twice)

Amadeus

Bye Bye Birdie

Grease

*Chess

*The Sound of Music (four times)

* I highly Recommend

I dated two girls who were just as much drama as some of the productions we saw, and my mother and I have had a longstanding tradition (21 years now) to attend shows at least twice a year. I've yet to see a show that I did not like, though I have not enjoyed every production. Annie was nothing to write home about; I only vaguely recall Cats; and I still think Grease was cornier than Nebraska. Avenue Q and Chess, in my opinion, have been the best-rehearsed productions, with performances as close to flawless as it gets.

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant assessment for Broadway shows.

The shows I've seen are 42nd Street and Stomp which was awesome!

Its not an ignorant assessment, its my opinion. Rent,STOMP, etc.. its all corny fruity crap to me. There are other much more entertaining things out there in my opinion.

Its not an ignorant assessment, its my opinion. Rent,STOMP, etc.. its all corny fruity crap to me. There are other much more entertaining things out there in my opinion.

Being 'fair' to Messino, most Broadway tickets you need to take a loan for if you on a budget. Hit shows can be as much as $500 or more apiece these days for front row tickets.:eek:

I went to Wintuk back in December 2007. The school paid for my ticket as well as for a dozen others who were picked because we were "good little children" ;)

I went to Wintuk back in December 2007. The school paid for my ticket as well as for a dozen others who were picked because we were "good little children" :P

Another way to get discounted tickets for Bway is thru schools i.e High Schools/colleges.