Map: (G) To 179th Street; (B) (C) To Switch Terminals; (6) Terminates At 125th Street

I found this beautiful official interactive subway map online - Appears to be the January 1998 official subway map. The links still work - Even better than clicking on a station, at the bottom click on the subway line letter or number to see, likely, the earliest, subway strip line maps online. The (:P and (C) switch is announced with (;) to 168th Street; (C) to Bedford Park Boulevard shown, the (E) and (F) are local late nights in Queens, the (G) is shown running to 179th Street late nights and the (6) terminates at 125th Street late nights. The strip maps also show bus connections (January 1998):

http://web.archive.org/web/20000302043613/www.lirr.org/nyct/maps/submap.htm

So the (:P and (C) go back to they way they were origibally.

Oh, no, INDman. These aren't service changes. This is just an interesting old interactive official subway map I found online. By clicking a station or by clicking a subway line number or letter at the bottom of the map you see old subway line strip maps that, likely, are the earliest online.

The (;) and (C) line strip maps that come up give the best hints that the maps are from around January 1998 so I estimate now that the official map is now a February 1998 update version.

Just interesting to see old service patterns that are no more. Notice that Rockaway Park (A)'s are designated <A> for example. Sorry for any confusion.

The subway line strip maps are also interesting for listing the line manager at the time, service by day part and bus connections at the stations.

click the links for the individual lines at the bottom

I had looked on there, and didn't see 179 at first. It's funny, as while it mentions the station and its connections; in the descriptions of where it runs at different times of the day, it says:

Late Nights 12 midnight-6:30 am Every Day:

Court Square, Queens-Smith/9 Sts, Brooklyn. Local

Archived