R160 testing on Brighton express tracks

CTK246

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few days ago I saw a not in service R160 running on the southbound Brighton express tracks at Sheepshead. Does this mean when express service resumes, the (:P will get R160s?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a few days ago I saw a not in service R160 running on the southbound Brighton express tracks at Sheepshead. Does this mean when express service resumes, the (:P will get R160s?

Emphatically no. It means for whatever reason there was an R160 on the downtown Brighton express track (probably testing something out).

Nice catch as someone said no it doesn't mean the (;) will get 160's but they should b\c rollsigns which is why the (Q) got 160's after the extention of the cut of the (W).

:sigh: not this again...

I've already stated that the hours the (:) runs is set. The (Q) otoh may still need to short turn at 57/7th or Astoria Blvd and they might have to change a train for the (N), if the (N) needs a train.

There's no need for R160s to run on the (B).

I don't understand it either. It's just a train. Big whoop. I just care that something shows up to get me to point B and has working a/c in this heat.

I'm just glad they don't dictate where the trains go or there'll be a major mess with yards short on parts to carry every train type imaginable.

I don't understand it either. It's just a train. Big whoop. I just care that something shows up to get me to point B and has working a/c in this heat.

I'm just glad they don't dictate where the trains go or there'll be a major mess with yards short on parts to carry every train type imaginable.

That, and they'd have ever station have service to every other, so they don't need to get up off thier behinds. Or waste a ton of tax payer money just so one line can have an excuse to run 600' trains.

Thanks to the two of you! :tup:

Archived