A Question About the R44 (C)'s

ctrain

The thing of it is, politics have been involved this entire time. We have a mayor who bought himself a 3rd term running on the promise of mass transit improvements only to get cuts. We've had a governor who (IMO) couldn't run a fan club let alone a state and now we have media circus bent on making the gears of the transit system appear at fault for everything going on with it; AND IT IS WORKING.

The Feds aren't going to step into any of this and it doesn't matter what kinda equipment gets placed on any line if there's a shortage of hands to maintain it. We will be sitting here with the same crap. The R62As aren't as old as the R32s and they're experiencing the same A/C issue.

true, but if a bunch of people complains, when it comes the R32's, the TA will do something, anything else they don't give two craps about.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To R32 3828:

The posts I've seen from you are really hard to follow in my honest opinion. How can you blame 207th Street Yard for the A/C problems on the R-32 cars? Why do you even bring in "Bunch of MAD angry Black people" in this conversation for? I do agree that the (A) and (C) lines should get new subway cars though, but seriously, no offense intended, you need to stop having this know-it-all attitude, that's my impression from your posts in this topic, you may disagree with me, which is fine, I understand. If these posters are ticking you off, just take a time out.

I see where your coming from, but im not having a know it all attitude, I experienced this problem before on the (E) and by 2009 all the R32's were off the (E), 207th st mantanice went down the drain, 207th can only handle 200 cars, the (C) uses 144 cars only 17 8 car trainsets, and they have 100 more just sitting there, they banned them off the (A) again, the (C) is 8 cars, might have to go to 10, what's the purpose of having all of them there and having more than 70-80 cars sitting in the yard doing nothing, that's why they have this problem today, and yes when it comes to low income people they feel that they are being treated like dirt, That's why I used that phase angry black people, because most of the time we have to fight just to get updated subway cars, the (E) riders had to fight just to get the R160's, its unfair that the (A)/© has to deal with R32's and R46's, they are good cars yes, but its 2010, the (A) needs newer cars, this is why i get upset, because people think Im a foamer that likes to spread bullshit, I don't spread bullshit, if i didn't know about this or if it was bullshit, I wouldn't post it at all, This is serious.

I see where your coming from, but im not having a know it all attitude, I experienced this problem before on the (E) and by 2009 all the R32's were off the (E), 207th st mantanice went down the drain, 207th can only handle 200 cars, the (C) uses 144 cars only 17 8 car trainsets, and they have 100 more just sitting there, they banned them off the (A) again, the (C) is 8 cars, might have to go to 10, what's the purpose of having all of them there and having more than 70-80 cars sitting in the yard doing nothing, that's why they have this problem today, and yes when it comes to low income people they feel that they are being treated like dirt, That's why I used that phase angry black people, because most of the time we have to fight just to get updated subway cars, the (E) riders had to fight just to get the R160's, its unfair that the (A)/© has to deal with R32's and R46's, they are good cars yes, but its 2010, the (A) needs newer cars, this is why i get upset, because people think Im a foamer that likes to spread bullshit, I don't spread bullshit, if i didn't know about this or if it was bullshit, I wouldn't post it at all, This is serious.

You are upset because people call you a foamer. I feel like you are taking that a bit too personally. I'm not suggesting that you are a liar. You state that 207th Street Yard has too many R-32 subway cars and that some other yards should maintain them. I understand that point too, but where can those cars go? What about the R-44s and their problems? R-160s would look good on the (A), but do you suppose an exchange with a yard? There's plenty of questions that have yet to be answered so let's see what happens.

You are upset because people call you a foamer. I feel like you are taking that a bit too personally. I'm not suggesting that you are a liar. You state that 207th Street Yard has too many R-32 subway cars and that some other yards should maintain them. I understand that point too, but where can those cars go? What about the R-44s and their problems? R-160s would look good on the (A), but do you suppose an exchange with a yard? There's plenty of questions that have yet to be answered so let's see what happens.

We all know for sure that the R44's are gone by September, but if they did do a swap, they would mostlikey go back where they came from, Coney Island and Jamaica.

As much as I like the R32s, the hand-me-down business is getting annoying. A car on my train earlier this evening had dead climate control. Even worse, it was the fifth car, which must have been hell on that C/R.

As for the feds getting involved, as absurd as it sounds, much crazier things have happened in this city. I always thought someone in the neighborhoods along Fulton Street would end up complaining to a politician about it. It was only a matter of when.

P.S. I found the comments about "the ghetto side of Brooklyn" and "angry black people" hilarious. Anymore groups you wanna put me in?

As much as I like the R32s, the hand-me-down business is getting annoying. A car on my train earlier this evening had dead climate control. Even worse, it was the fifth car, which must have been hell on that C/R.

As for the feds getting involved, as absurd as it sounds, much crazier things have happened in this city. I always thought someone in the neighborhoods along Fulton Street would end up complaining to a politician about it. It was only a matter of when.

P.S. I found the comments about "the ghetto side of Brooklyn" and "angry black people" hilarious. Anymore groups you wanna put me in?

dude they did go to the politics, this is what Im trying to tell everybody, I didn't mean the comments but, its true, they are screwing the Fulton st line over, This is getting worse, and people want to sit there and look like fools.

dude they did go to the politics, this is what Im trying to tell everybody, I didn't mean the comments but, its true, they are screwing the Fulton st line over, This is getting worse, and people want to sit there and look like fools.

When you mention the feds,do you mean the federal government?cause if you do,i doubt they would get involed with the (MTA) unless there was something REALLY SERIOUS going on.

There are now 64 R44s in service. Four consists were reactivated last week. They really need to reactivate those 14 R42s sitting up at 207th because the R44s can't stay in service for too long. The MTA is aware of their problems and they can get in trouble if they're not taken out of service soon.

There are now 64 R44s in service. Four consists were reactivated last week. They really need to reactivate those 14 R42s sitting up at 207th because the R44s can't stay in service for too long. The MTA is aware of their problems and they can get in trouble if they're not taken out of service soon.

because he (MTA) is stupid, and the TA is stupid for having all 244 R32's at 207th, if it was Coney Island or Jamaica it would have made more sence because their yards are bigger than 207th, CI would have been a better choice. They would treat the R32's with real care and they have the only weekday line in the system the (:P, the idiots in the TA need to do some work on these cars and stop treating them like they are going to retire, they got 5-8 years left, they need to realize that, and Don't get me wrong the (C) is a perfect line for them, but its just the yard that treats them like shit. I heard from somebody that 207th sent 4 of the same R32's that were fixed at ENY back to ENY, that's sad.

If 4 of the ENY cars were sent back to ENY for further repairs, such would indicate that the problems with the R32s are with the R32s and not 207th yard.

The C can only run R32s for the most part. the MTA has no choice as to where to assign them.

Why not? The R46s and R44s have been on the (C) successfully...and so have the R131s.

If 4 of the ENY cars were sent back to ENY for further repairs, such would indicate that the problems with the R32s are with the R32s and not 207th yard.

The C can only run R32s for the most part. the MTA has no choice as to where to assign them.

Bullshit, 207th st yard is going downhill,

and the R32's have other lines such as:

The (:),(D),(F),(J),(R) and (Z)

the (B) would be the best line since its a weekday only line,

so there you go it

and yes the R46's are perfect for the (C), quit bullshitting and look at the fulton st passengers that gets treated like raw shit with hand me downs.

There are not enough cars for the C to run full length trains. The C cannot run the R42s, and 207 is not yet equipped to run new tech trains, so the C is stuck with R32s.

Bullshit, you have over 244 R32's in 207th st yard, that's more than enough for full lengh trains, the (C) uses 144 cars, 17 sets of 8 car trainsets, the R32's are not on the (A) anymore, there's enough cars, that shit is played out, Im sick of excuses on how the (C) can't be full length, 207th st YARD CAN GET R68's, They CAN GET R46's, so what you are saying is PURE BULLSHIT.

There are not enough cars for the C to run full length trains. The C cannot run the R42s, and 207 is not yet equipped to run new tech trains, so the C is stuck with R32s.

Wrong. There are enough R32s to make the (C) full-length. Now that all the R32s are at 207th, it's stupid that the (C) isn't completely full-length; the (C) has to run mixed-length trains; one of the car types that the (C) is using is not even safe to keep in service. As for the NTT/yard issue, Pitkin touches the new cars before any yard does, giving them their routine testing out in the flats before they enter service, so they could be sent there.

Wrong. There are enough R32s to make the (C) full-length. Now that all the R32s are at 207th, it's stupid that the (C) isn't completely full-length; the (C) has to run mixed-length trains; one of the car types that the (C) is using is not even safe to keep in service. As for the NTT/yard issue, Pitkin touches the new cars before any yard does, giving them their routine testing out in the flats before they enter service, so they could be sent there.

I can't wait to see all the BS blow up in their faces, when you have angry residents of the fulton st line, shit when the Queens Blvd residents wanted new trains they got 810 of them, 244 out of that 810 can go to the (C) for a exchange of R32's.

I can't wait to see all the BS blow up in their faces, when you have angry residents of the fulton st line, shit when the Queens Blvd residents wanted new trains they got 810 of them, 244 out of that 810 can go to the (C) for a exchange of R32's.

I wouldn't mind seeing R160s on the (C). I like the older trains but I wouldn't mind seeing something different on the (A)/©...two lines that deserves newer equipment more than any other subway line combined.

How can you possibly say there are enough cars to run 10 car C trains when there aren't enough cars to run 8 car C trains!

The R44s were supposed to be retired by now. They are around now ONLY because without them there aren't enough cars to make C service even with only 8 cars per train!

Archived