This is why they canceled train #3850 the 3:42 from trenton.

metsfan

d758b067.jpg

506459ce.jpg

6c6006d2.jpg

ea4ab373.jpg

a25057b6.jpg

Here's the alert from my iPhone. as well, sorry for the odd orientation.

19a42b89.png

It looked like the canceled train was actually the rescue train i saw bolting up east on track 2 at full speed, in fact it had priority over an amtrak train, which if you know anything about NJT, is a very rare thing. I am guessing they ran around it on track 2 and did a low platform stop with the rescue equipment, and put it in service from new brunswick

I was on the somewhat delayed 3:16 PM train from newark penn. Aparrently there was some real problems with heat, thunderstorms and locos & power & signal systems crapping out. I watched in shock as 4420 lowered its pantograph. The weird blurry image is distorted from the glazing in the car i was sitting in. There was also a NJT wire problem by red bank. The electric trains really didn't want to run today.

- A

There was also a NJT wire problem by red bank. The electric trains really didn't want to run today.

- A

The wire problem at Red Bank was cause by an accidental pantograph episode with 4419. Supposedly, the engine was entering the juntion to the Southern Secondary where the north pantograph unhinged and slammed up to the wires causing the train to go into emergency mode only 3 cars into the station. The wire snapped and but the pantograph is still intact. 4419 is in MMC now and will be back out Thursday. BTW: There were four PL42 and GP40 shuttle trains between Long Branch and Red Bank.

BTW: There were four PL42 and GP40 shuttle trains between Long Branch and Red Bank.

Any GP40FH-2? I'm thinking they are mainly being used on :pvl: and :mb: nowadays because of the prevalence of the PL42AC's, so seeing one down in red bank these days would be a rarity.

- A

Any GP40FH-2? I'm thinking they are mainly being used on :pvl: and :mb: nowadays because of the prevalence of the PL42AC's, so seeing one down in red bank these days would be a rarity.

- A

I honestly wouldn't know. I got this info off Railroad.Net forums from a Jersey Transit conductor. I'm in Pennsylvania somewhere by Pittsburgh during this incident.

Sorry, There is damage to the pantogrpah.

Re: Coast Line meltdown today?

"New postby ricknj » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 pm

3235 took down the wires when the pan was ripped off on track one. The pan was hanging from the wires about 10 feet off the ground.

3252 differnt crew had problems in the same area going east ( they however didn't take any wires down)"

Archived