Stopped by MTA Police Yesterday at Jamaica

R68 Subway Car

I heard why too many stories like this. I'm going to make noise at MTA because I think use railfans are sick of this. Ok, photogrpahy is legal. Why the hell do they still give us static? Didn't they learn with the TA employee who was arrested and sued the city $35 Million. or was it 3.5?

It was $30,000.

Respect the cops even if they are wrong?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Cops or anyone for that matter that have no idea what they're doing or do and just want to be nutcrackers don't DESERVE respect.They deserve to go back to grade school to learn the basics.

Have fun living a miserable life. Remember, cops show no sympathy for skells.

• 2 weeks later...
Whoa Whoa Whoa buddy....I stated give them respect no where did I say I respect them. I said I respect that they have a job to do and that I respect. I believe cops are dirty however Mr.Big shot why act stupid in something as simple as taking a photo. Why waste taxpayers money to go to court when all you have to do is act like a human and the situation is solved. There is no need to look like a fool and argue with a cop. Now if the cop does soemthing out of nature then by all means take legal action. There isnt a lie a cop cant get thereself out of.

I know you said give them respect.And I said they don't deserve it!They have a job to do my left nut.If some damn cop is gonna come to me spouting some stupid nonsense that is completely false,I'm gonna get on his/her ass about it.Acting like a "human" doesn't get you anywhere anymore in today's society especially not since some jackass,jealous,prick sucking group of terrorists decided it was a fun and dandy plan to go blow up the WTC some 9 years ago.Ever since then this country and its superior whackoffs have made it seem like we're in China more than the Land Of The Free Time.

If you wanna stand there and let cops or anyone else of "higher authority" push you around with your only meek reply being along the lines of "sure mister,no problem" like a cute little 5th grader then go right ahead.This man right here is gonna stand up and protect the freedoms that I was given since the day I was born.Respect?I say shove it.(1)(A)(C)

I know you said give them respect.And I said they don't deserve it!They have a job to do my left nut.If some damn cop is gonna come to me spouting some stupid nonsense that is completely false,I'm gonna get on his/her ass about it.Acting like a "human" doesn't get you anywhere anymore in today's society especially not since some jackass,jealous,prick sucking group of terrorists decided it was a fun and dandy plan to go blow up the WTC some 9 years ago.Ever since then this country and its superior whackoffs have made it seem like we're in China more than the Land Of The Free Time.

If you wanna stand there and let cops or anyone else of "higher authority" push you around with your only meek reply being along the lines of "sure mister,no problem" like a cute little 5th grader then go right ahead.This man right here is gonna stand up and protect the freedoms that I was given since the day I was born.Respect?I say shove it.(1)(A)(C)

Once again you do not have to respect cops but if you wana act like a fool over a pic of some 160 or a M7 then by all means do so, because your just giving a the cop a reason to write a bullshyt ticket. Would you rather act like a human or a idiot in court over a bullshyt ticket. At the end of the day cops are liars. I hate cops with a passion but in a bullshyt situation like taking a damn pic of a train, then im going to act like a human other then acting like a fool. If the cop is going overbord then what you have to do is get the badge number and report his or her ass.

...and that folks, is why JFK 7212 will spend the night in a holding cell while I will not.

You need an attitude adjustment.

That would be so hilarious to see in person or on youtube when the cops puts the cuffs on :)

As everyone put it plainly: you may not like the cops, but don't give them a reason to take it out on you [in general]. Treat them with respect and hopefully they do nothing to you. It's not worth the effort to fight them cuz they will likely win [their words against yours].

Its not the railfans. Its the FAILFANS who think they deserve special treatment and think they should be blind to not being stopped so they can get a shot of some 160. The RAILFANS are the one who are in it for a hobby as something extra to do and waste free time and just like photography in general.

FAILFANS make RAILFANS look bad. Its a reason why FAILFANS have no females in there life.

This is the result of FAILFANS: Prime Example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWS5dyKvoIw

NOw if a MTA employee actually let them in the cab dont you think they would have been in there with them. And they gave up there self by saying "get away from the door before someone sees us".

WOW!!! That is some serious foamage.That kid is too colorful to be a railfan and two,what if he spille sprite on the computer screens?SMH.:mad:

I used to go out on the platforms all the time, taking videos of the trains going by. I went every week and took videos, and uploaded them onto YouTube. Once, I watched them - and realized that they were the exact same videos, over and over again. Same trains, same schedule. That's when I stopped filming everything, and only took pictures of the rare stuff that came through :)

The only time I was told I couldn't film is when once, I was on the platform, and I see Amtrak Police standing around with a dog. So I politely asked them if it'd be alright for me to take pictures. They said that if I had a ticket, it'd be fine. Which I completely understand. Trains are businesses. They're not for entertainment, really. It's just an extra.

I've seen many transit cops who really do their job well. One dog-team I know, they roam the entire area sniffing every single object. And some cops I've spoken to, they really care about safety. For the engineer's sake, too. Some (fail)fans are really just idiots. They go out by the tracks where people generally don't stand around - and have their big tripods out. To the engineer - that could be anything. Especially the ones who like the wheel-shots, and put their cameras on the tracks... wtf? That's gotta be so scary to the engineer - he's probably saying "sh*t, metal object on the tracks"..

All I'm saying is, you shouldn't go all out just for a simple shot that already exists. Instead, go for less, and more amazing and rare shots that you just happen to come across before you board a train.

Archived