MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dannyboy876 said:

That bus is still at FB it’s on the B49

3 hours ago, Dannyboy876 said:

This one also is at FB on the B44 local 

They were correct with the reported loans. 5148 and 5171 were in fact on loan to EN. 

Please be careful everyone. Just because you see a bus somewhere one day at a specific time doesn’t mean it never left that depot if you see it again a short time later.

So always keep that in mind. 

Edited by East New York

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Wow. What a shift. I guess 7663 was supposed to be for FB. So FB 7616-7662, ENY 7663-7702. 

Not really much of a difference. There are still 47 buses for the b46, which I think was the number of buses used before order commenced as one was unwrapped a month or two before. (7304-7350)

19 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Not really much of a difference. There are still 47 buses for the b46, which I think was the number of buses used before order commenced as one was unwrapped a month or two before. (7304-7350)

Before that was the assignment, later in a few weeks, 7351 joined the Select assignment. 

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Wow. What a shift. I guess 7663 was supposed to be for FB. So FB 7616-7662, ENY 7663-7702. 

I hope this is temporary. If 40 buses are out on the streets and they only have 47 instead of 48, they will have only 7 buses as spares, giving a 17.2% spare ratio instead of FTA mandate of 20% for a spare ratio, and for such a busy line like the B46 SBS, that's a big difference. What were they trying to do with shifting 7663: making haste on the B82 SBS project before Bensonhurst residents and politicians find out about it? Looks like its either that or Flatbush doesn't need additional buses for the summer season.

Edited by JeremiahC99

3 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I hope this is temporary. If 40 buses are out on the streets and they only have 47 instead of 48, they will have only 7 buses as spares, giving a 17.2% spare ratio instead of FTA mandate of 20% for a spare ratio, and for such a busy line like the B46 SBS, that's a big difference. What were they trying to do with shifting 7663: making haste on the B82 SBS project before Bensonhurst residents and politicians find out about it?

It's just one bus. It's nothing. As I said before, 7351 was unwrapped months before the XD40 order even started.

I don't get how one bus taken away from spares can affect an entire line even given these ratios.

5 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's just one bus. It's nothing. As I said before, 7351 was unwrapped months before the XD40 order even started.

I don't get how one bus taken away from spares can affect an entire line even given these ratios.

FTA  has a mandate for spare vehicles to be around 20% for lines with around 50 or more vehicles.

The spares ratio focused on buses is found in FTA Circular 9030.1C, “Urbanized Area Formula Program: Grant Application Instructions,” chapter V, paragraph 9.a.5, which follows:

5. Spare Ratio Policies. Spare ratios will be taken into account in the review of projects proposed to replace, rebuild, or add vehicles. The basis for determining a reasonable spare bus ratio takes local circumstances into account. The number of spare buses in the active fleet for grantees operating 50 or more revenue vehicles should not exceed 20 percent of the number of vehicles operated in maximum service.” For purposes of the spare ratio calculation, "vehicles operated in maximum service" are defined as the total number of revenue vehicles operated to meet the annual maximum service requirement. This is the revenue vehicle count during the peak season of the year; on the week and day that maximum service is provided. It excludes atypical days and one-time special events. Scheduled standby vehicles are permitted to be included as "vehicles operated in maximum service.”

Spare ratio is defined as the number of spare vehicles divided by the vehicles required for annual maximum service. Spare ratio is usually expressed as a percentage, e.g., 100 vehicles required and 20 spare vehicles is a 20 percent spare ratio. (Revised: September 15, 2009)

But in any case, each depot and SBS bus line should have at least a decent spare ratio in case buses break down.

Edited by JeremiahC99

1 hour ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I hope this is temporary. If 40 buses are out on the streets and they only have 47 instead of 48, they will have only 7 buses as spares, giving a 17.2% spare ratio instead of FTA mandate of 20% for a spare ratio, and for such a busy line like the B46 SBS, that's a big difference. What were they trying to do with shifting 7663: making haste on the B82 SBS project before Bensonhurst residents and politicians find out about it? Looks like its either that or Flatbush doesn't need additional buses for the summer season.

To be honest with you fam. If 7663 stays in East New York, there is no big difference. Remember, Flatbush is due for XD60's either in January or March 2019.

By September FB will need extra buses for the B44+ and B46+ for back to school.

Here's the pre update on the SBS82 as of 7/18/18. It's pretty interesting: https://www.kingscountypolitics.com/colton-reveals-preliminary-options-for-sbs-b82-service/

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

To be honest with you fam. If 7663 stays in East New York, there is no big difference. Remember, Flatbush is due for XD60's either in January or March 2019.

By September FB will need extra buses for the B44+ and B46+ for back to school.

Here's the pre update on the SBS82 as of 7/18/18. It's pretty interesting: https://www.kingscountypolitics.com/colton-reveals-preliminary-options-for-sbs-b82-service/

I'm fine with that, as long as if the B46 SBS goes articulated full time, it has at least 32 buses to cover service,

WHY is this discussion going on in this  thread!!!!!????????? @JeremiahC99

This is the absolute last time I’m saying take this to Fleet and Depots. I’m not about to sit up and move your discussions everyday because you don’t know how to listen. This is the last time I’m going to say it. 

Next time you will be suspended and all of your posts will have to be approved my a staff member before they will be visible. 

Final warning. 

17 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

17 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

What difference does it make? Why the big deal about one bus. First of all FB still has several older XD40’s on the line so everything is taken care of.

17 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

FTA  has a mandate for spare vehicles to be around 20% for lines with around 50 or more vehicles.

But in any case, each depot and SBS bus line should have at least a decent spare ratio in case buses break down.

The line does not have 50 buses so this does not apply. Besides there are enough buses citywide to cover service with a good spare factor. If a bus is not available they can run a local bus on an SBS line as they have many times before.

16 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I'm fine with that, as long as if the B46 SBS goes articulated full time, it has at least 32 buses to cover service,

It’s not going fully articulated for the time being and we already discussed this in detail.

Edited by East New York

On 8/1/2018 at 7:04 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

Idts

On 8/5/2018 at 2:20 PM, The TransitMan said:

#7487 was on the Q5 this morning heading towards Green Acres. Spotted this on Archer Av near Merrick Blvd. Was on the Q44 +++SELECT BUS SERVICE+++ going the other direction so could not get a good picture...sorry.

It’s ok, you can always get at it again