MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

5445 has luggage racks for the M60 SBS.

Finally the new buses have luggage racks. I wonder if it is in the back of the bus like before. Also, why didn’t they order a dedicated fleet for the M60 SBS that came with the luggage racks pre-installed?

3 minutes ago, MTABusFan925 said:

Don't know if anyone has already reported this....

#1072 has been put in revenue service and is in +Select Bus scheme. Was seen on the [2] shuttle

How many buses does the Bx6 SBS need? Why is it in the SBS scheme when 16 of the new XN60 buses were to go to the Bx6 SBS? Isn't 16 buses not enough for that line?

5 minutes ago, MTABusFan925 said:

Don't know if anyone has already reported this....

#1072 has been put in revenue service and is in +Select Bus scheme. Was seen on the [2] shuttle

(2) shuttle in the Bronx?

There's a (2) shuttle in Brooklyn.. Junction to Franklin. New Flatbush and East New York XD40 fleet are working the shuttle.

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

(2) shuttle in the Bronx?

There's a (2) shuttle in Brooklyn.. Junction to Franklin. New Flatbush and East New York XD40 fleet are working the shuttle.

Yes, there is a 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-2.svg.png shuttle bus in the Bronx this weekend. As @MTABusFan925 said, it runs from 241st Street to Gun Hill Road, stopping at 238th Street (Nereid Av), 233rd Street, 225th Street, and 219th Streets, replacing 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-2.svg.png service. The one West Farms bus mentioned by him is running the route. I also hope there were some Gun Hill articulated buses running the route as well.

3 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Yes, there is a 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-2.svg.png shuttle bus in the Bronx this weekend. As @MTABusFan925 said, it runs from 241st Street to Gun Hill Road, stopping at 238th Street (Nereid Av), 233rd Street, 225th Street, and 219th Streets, replacing 20px-NYCS-bull-trans-2.svg.png service. The one West Farms bus mentioned by him is running the route. I also hope there were some Gun Hill articulated buses running the route as well.

Can confirm the following fleets were on the (2) Bronx Shuttle:

Gun Hill: Nova LFSA, LFS, Orion 7 NG Hybrid

Kingsbridge: NF XD60, Nova LFSA, Orion 7 NG Hybrid

West Farms: NF XN40, NF XN60, NF C40LF, Nova LFSA

Edited by MTABusFan925

3 minutes ago, MTABusFan925 said:

Can confirm the following fleets were on the (2) Bronx Shuttle:

Gun Hill: Nova LFSA, LFS, Orion 7 NG Hybrid

Kingsbridge: NF XD60, Nova LFSA, Orion 7 NG Hybrid

West Farms: NF XN40, NF XN60, NF C40LF, Nova LFSA

So all NYCT Bronx depots chip in for any subway shuttle in the Bronx and Manhattan?

3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

So all NYCT Bronx depots chip in for any subway shuttle in the Bronx and Manhattan?

for the most part, MaBSTOA depots do Manhattan & Bronx shuttle runs. if the shuttle service requires more runs than MaBSTOA can provide, then the other divisions will be contacted based on operator and bus availability. i work out of KB and was on  the (F) shuttle Saturday. KB and Gun Hill were called for that shuttle along with Manhattan Division. i didn't see WF at all. i assume most of WF availability was directed to the (2)

28 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Right now ridership is light, but hopefully by the end of the summer the newer XD40s will be at FP for replacement.

Hopefully or early September they could get their batch. I believe all the batches right now are set for East New York and lingering for FB as they are not fully complete.