MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, Transbusfan said:

I hope we're talking about 4581 2009 Orion Hybrid Electric VII Next Gen and not some other bus right ? Like I said this bus could be maintained and operated by any depot with training like particular features incase of a failure from the hybrid system also being that its a mild hybrid vehicle thats self powered.. when incomes to replacing the batteries due to failure, to my knowledge its handled via the vendor for BAE Systems... 

While I'm not sure of this particular situation any depot can work on any bus as long as they are qualified. There was a RTS at Castleton a few months back in the shop... Why or how it got there was beyond me but no less it can be done....

On 9/15/2018 at 1:34 AM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

5993-94 weren't mentioned by anyone. I double-checked the past few pages beforehand and only 5987-92 were mentioned by others.

5993 was actually the first one posted along with 5987. lol. It's all good. No biggie, and my apologies about 5994. I never hit submit on that one. 

2 hours ago, trife86 said:

While I'm not sure of this particular situation any depot can work on any bus as long as they are qualified. There was a RTS at Castleton a few months back in the shop... Why or how it got there was beyond me but no less it can be done....

Any bus in the system can be loaned to any depot accept the electric buses. They don't charge bus batteries in a manner like you would charge regular rechargeable batteries. These batteries can't be recharged. They are either conditioned or replaced by the Vendor which, which is A123 Systems. They are the manufacturer for the li-ion batteries. BAE is the manufacturer of the Lead Acid batteries, (OG's and the first batch of NG's) but if I recall correctly they are out of warranty and MTA handles maintenance, and replacement.

43 minutes ago, East New York said:

Any bus in the system can be loaned to any depot accept the electric buses. They don't charge bus batteries in a manner like you would charge regular rechargeable batteries. These batteries can't be recharged. They are either conditioned or replaced by the Vendor which, which is A123 Systems. They are the manufacturer for the li-ion batteries. BAE is the manufacturer of the Lead Acid batteries, (OG's and the first batch of NG's) but if I recall correctly they are out of warranty and MTA handles maintenance, and replacement.

Yes I know any bus can be loaned out or used anywhere. This particular RTS was at Castleton for maybe 2 days but wasn't there for service. I was wondering if maintenance needs a refresher every x amount to stay qualifed? So they just sent one over for them to play with?

Edited by trife86

2 hours ago, trife86 said:

Yes I know any bus can be loaned out or used anywhere. This particular RTS was at Castleton for maybe 2 days but wasn't there for service. I was wondering if maintenance needs a refresher every x amount to stay qualifed? So they just sent one over for them to play with?

It was probably there for transport, training, or operator qualification. It could have been a Command Center bus as well. No, maintenance only needs to stay fresh on the buses they have in the fleet unless it is a CFM. I was actually referencing your hybrid question, and mistakenly quoted the wrong post.  

As far as the RTS, if you knew the number I could find out why it was there. I can still find out, but it will require a bit of work.

1 hour ago, Novabus 5000 said:

No sir. This order is only for 10 buses, 9500-9509. The next order for 275 buses (9510-9784) will come in next year to replace those.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

They aren't replacing those buses, only 10 on the order

Relax y’all to hype to have info that means the next process is close. This is a hobby not your job you do to much as if your the only ones who get info or know what happen. 

Edited by Just New York

2 hours ago, Just New York said:

Bro most people in here can read y’all so sensitive when you get called out. Stop jumping so fast to tell people what right or wrong this is a hobby learned to be humble.

You're the one jumping to the conclusion that 10 new buses would replace 125 BUSES of said hybrids. Just sayin' "Bro"..... ☺️

Jesus..... I don't want to hear the "mind your business" bull crap because you walked right into it on a public message board site.... Honestly~

3 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

Have a seat, because no one in here is a mind reader to know that's what you meant. 

1 hour ago, Metro CSW said:

You're the one jumping to the conclusion that 10 new buses would replace 125 BUSES of said hybrids. Just sayin' "Bro"..... ☺️

Jesus..... I don't want to hear the "mind your business" bull crap because you walked right into it on a public message board site.... Honestly~

I don’t do this forum tough thing I’m not part of the new generation. Just watch your mouth towards me and we are good. I’m not a foamer I’m very aware of everything on this board.