MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Railfanner Mario said:

Alright so rn WF has 11-13 Xd40's that serve the depot For a while and that previous buses that was @ WF ended up being at its Mau. Depot it was sent to so what is going on rn like ik the 7 CNG is quickly with only 20 left but why more buses

I'm not a grammar nazi by any sort, but I had to read this several times to understand what was going on (and I still don't know if I understand it correctly, so I'm gonna refrain from answering this). I'll see if anyone has better luck.

2 hours ago, Railfanner Mario said:

Ugh if my autocorrect can stop fixing itself when i post I was trying to say why XD40's are coming from other depots and then head back to their original Depot and then more come?

The VII CNG tanks are close to their expiration date and WF is in need of buses to cover their total. They're also assigned there (also in use for the L shuttle: if that's the other case)

13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The VII CNG tanks are close to their expiration date and WF is in need of buses to cover their total. They're also assigned there (also in use for the L shuttle: if that's the other case)

also they will eventually receive nova artics when gh receives the rest of their order.  the xd's are loaners.

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

Those O7's got another few months....(especially the 7800s), I wouldn't be surprised if they can last the first quarter of 2019. Hell, it's incredible that 7685 lasted so long, that it got renumbered.  

3 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Which part of Lefferts? If it's within the airport, it could've been road testing.

I spotted it turning from Pan Am Road into Lefferts. From what it look from my advantage it could of been heading to the Bronx. However, I do agree with you. Could of been road testing first before heading to destination Bronx  

I had to drop off some paperwork to medical 🏥 at 14.