MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Last time I checked GA was the only depot to test the XDEs not Quill.

Let me start off by saying this is a discussion for the Fleet & Depots thread. If you made a general discussion post recently and no longer see it here, it’s because I removed it. This conversation will be moved for reference. This is the ONLY conversation that will be moved. All others will simply be removed, and your posting privileges will  subject to immediate suspension. 

At this point these buses (XDE40’s) aren’t being tested. These are production pilot buses for the upcoming order, not test buses. This is actually a direct competition and evaluation between the different hybrid systems. I’m 100% percent sure we will get more XDE40’s, and if Nova drops the price of their hybrids we will get a split order with Nova LFS hybrids as well. Those would/will go to the Bronx and Queens. 

Quill is getting new hybrids (see hybrid deployment plans on the first page of fleet and depots). When they arrive, they will be assigned Quill, so it makes sense for a couple depots to get and evaluate at least one BAE unit and one Allison unit. 

What I will be waiting for is Ulmer Park. Theses will be their first hybrids. 

1 hour ago, R179 8258 said:

I remember reading that GA was gonna give the XDE to Quill and the XE to GA for testing purposes 

Nothing was ever mentioned about hybrids, yet this was a given seeing that they will go to all divisions except Staten Island. 

The original electric plans were for Quill and GA to swap fleets 18 months into testing. When I last checked, this was put on hold due to the the fact that the Proterra has not passed the BTE as of yet. New Flyer on the other hand has, and in the process, test bus 0011 has returned to NFI and now serves as the configuration audit bus for the XE60 order, which will NOT have pilots. The lead buses will be similar to pilots for configuration audit and finalization. One will test in service for 60 days on the M14, then the rest will follow. Once TA has successfully burned all the buses in, finalized testing for outer-borough operations, a couple will start to head out to the other 4 boroughs for testing. 

MTA has also opted to put on hold the ordering of any en-route chargers for the time being, and will test out M14 the logistics and operational viability of charging them with the existing leased chargers being used for the M42 and M50 runs. 

After the lease is up, MTA can then purchase chargers and deploy them based on the assignments of the 45 XE40’s that are pending unless Proterra passes the brake test in the next 10 months. 

7686, 7687 to EN

6123, 6125 MQ to FB 

7711, 7714, 7715, 7718, 7720, 7721 to FP

7716, 7717, 7722, 7725 to GA

5539, 5549, 5554-5558, 5560, 5561, 5563 to GH

0011 NFI Aniston back to MQ via the service center. Specs are now finalized for the XE60’s. 

Please excuse double posts if there are any. 

Edited by East New York

23 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

add #8232, #8235-8236, #8238-8240...they have bike racks. I saw them as I paid a visit to Castleton today. #8232, #8235-8236 and #8238 were all on the S53 today.

8234 as well has bike racks. Bike rack total for S53/93 Limited: 49 units