MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

6153 6155 MQ.

6103 6113 MQ-FB

0020's finally back from the proterra factory too maybe it'll enter service this time if we're lucky

They are finally moving those buses to FB. MQ have ads already on those SBS. FB is going to take those Manhattan ads off once they touch 44SBS.

3 minutes ago, King Transit said:

#0021 was always at the JFK Lot, and I always questioned why can't come to service😕.

If you mean that Proterra order, it only goes up to 20.

7815 delivered to FP

Edited by Calvin

21 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Greetings!

8582, 8595 and 8599 should be arriving at Yukon shortly...if not already there yet. Was told this information this morning.

You realize what 8582 was before this? Hint: most of us love this model. 

Edited by FLX9304

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Can we please stop asking why depots keep getting certain buses? Because DOB decides, not us.

I agree with you, @MysteriousBtrain because I see the same numbers being on here over & over. One time and that’s it. There should be no more questions of who gets what. If the DOB decides to put where buses are needed, that particular depot gets that type of bus. Not because “someone” is hungry for that type of model to ride around the local area. I wait to see that bus come my way whenever new buses get delivered. Prediction does not always work in that person’s favor. 

2 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

I agree with you, @MysteriousBtrain because I see the same numbers being on here over & over. One time and that’s it. There should be no more questions of who gets what. If the DOB decides to put where buses are needed, that particular depot gets that type of bus. Not because “someone” is hungry for that type of model to ride around the local area. I wait to see that bus come my way whenever new buses get delivered. Prediction does not always work in that person’s favor. 

and the word for that is NEVER

14 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Just be grateful for the buses you have, no matter how they aged. Like Orion VII NGs at FB, are now 10 years + and I'm grateful for them. Not because their hybrids, but there is at least 100 of them now to help add service like the Xcelsiors.

5 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

8sBEs6.jpg

YvzRfa.jpg

Just spotted 6234 turning off the BQE onto Broadway / 69 Street with LGA stickers. Not in SBS wrap.

Two sides are marked MTA Bus, but the only picture I have is of the front door side, which says MTA New York City Bus.

40827684463_3587fa8df9_m.jpg6234 by Adam E. Moreira, on Flickr

Edited by aemoreira81
Photo proof

Some of these XD60's buses already having a few malfunctions. This is the third bus I had for the week where the STOP REQUEST bell and light comes on when you close the doors.

The Automatic announcement on some of the XD60's at FB the buses that actually work its so delayed and offset compared to the XD40's on the SB46+. I feel these buses were rushed and not properly setup.

I also noticed the 2017 Buses VS the 2018 Buses on the XD60's are not the same. The 2018 XD60's are the updated version with the Display announcement screens. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Some of these XD60's buses already having a few malfunctions. This is the third bus I had for the week where the STOP REQUEST bell and light comes on when you close the doors.

The Automatic announcement on some of the XD60's at FB the buses that actually work its so delayed and offset compared to the XD40's on the SB46+. I feel these buses were rushed and not properly setup.

I also noticed the 2017 Buses VS the 2018 Buses on the XD60's are not the same. The 2018 XD60's are the updated version with the Display announcement screens. 

For the screens, its not a rush issue, its the way that the Clever Devices are timed compared to the Vianova's which announce the stops at a proper and consistent pace. Same issue is encountered with the Clever Devices on the XN40's.