MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

6 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Some of these XD60's buses already having a few malfunctions. This is the third bus I had for the week where the STOP REQUEST bell and light comes on when you close the doors.

The Automatic announcement on some of the XD60's at FB the buses that actually work its so delayed and offset compared to the XD40's on the SB46+. I feel these buses were rushed and not properly setup.

I also noticed the 2017 Buses VS the 2018 Buses on the XD60's are not the same. The 2018 XD60's are the updated version with the Display announcement screens. 

Screens and announcements are by Clever Devices on the 2018 XD60's so you'll want to direct that to them...

Speaking of Clever, the screens on the XN40s are atrocious... They freeze every time someone pulls the cord and they're regularly several blocks behind or the screens are just completely black.

Edited by Around the Horn

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Some of these XD60's buses already having a few malfunctions. This is the third bus I had for the week where the STOP REQUEST bell and light comes on when you close the doors.

That also happens on the 7000-7100 in ENY. I figured out it sometimes work when you fully kneel, slowly and properly serve a bus stop. 

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Speaking of Clever, the screens on the XN40s are atrocious... They freeze every time someone pulls the cord and they're regularly several blocks behind or the screens are just completely black.

They are like that on the Orion NGs as well. It appears they have a different type of screen then the ones on the new deliveries and it is horrible.

10 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Screens and announcements are by Clever Devices on the 2018 XD60's so you'll want to direct that to them...

It looks like these devices are probably not being reported that they are not 100% on point especially the way it states the destination stop or upcoming stops. I'm not quite sure if that's something the Bus operators should alert the depot when filling out the OVCR card just so the right department that is in charge for that specific area can review it. Sometimes that device confuse passengers and while you at the current stop it mention another stop name. For example I'm sitting on St.Johns Place on Rogers avenue, The minute I open the doors, It says "Fulton Street B25, B26 and A C". lol If I don't quickly pickup the phone  to make the correct announcement, you should see people face look totally lost or some come ask me "If this is fulton street stop?"  

1 hour ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

It looks like these devices are probably not being reported that they are not 100% on point especially the way it states the destination stop or upcoming stops. I'm not quite sure if that's something the Bus operators should alert the depot when filling out the OVCR card just so the right department that is in charge for that specific area can review it. Sometimes that device confuse passengers and while you at the current stop it mention another stop name. For example I'm sitting on St.Johns Place on Rogers avenue, The minute I open the doors, It says "Fulton Street B25, B26 and A C". lol If I don't quickly pickup the phone  to make the correct announcement, you should see people face look totally lost or some come ask me "If this is fulton street stop?"  

This forum is only for new deliveries and transfers ONLY!

PLEASE take this discussion to the RANDOM THOUGHTS thread.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Negative. Still has GA decals.

It's assigned to UP at least right now regardless of decals.

they probably didn't slap ulmer stickers on it because it's probably a short term loan

Edited by Orion6025