MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

It’s probably because of the XD40s they sent to UP.

I’ll say possibility. However, that ENY/UP swap was a DOB thing.  If there’s another report of an NG heading East New York bound and registered than ENY would be in running to get extra buses. 

Remember, ENY will soon to get rid of the OG’s, and right now not enough XD40’s to have ENY the 2nd XD depot only. We already have one and that’s Ulmer Park + that’s b/c of politics. 

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Definitely a loan as ENY don’t operate NG’s

be that as it may, eventually the powers that be will have to make an executive decision regarding the 40 foot units. the 64/65/66xx's are on their way out, and there aren't enough 67/68xx's in the world for ENY to swallow them all up... same goes for the XD40's. as I've stated in the past, ENY & UP (more specifically, the entire Brooklyn Division) have always drawn a hard line against NG's from day one, but this will get ridiculous real quick, regardless of how many artics they bring in for the 82SBS (or the B15... IF that ever happens) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ll say possibility. However, that ENY/UP swap was a DOB thing.  If there’s another report of an NG heading East New York bound and registered than ENY would be in running to get extra buses. 

Remember, ENY will soon to get rid of the OG’s, and right now not enough XD40’s to have ENY the 2nd XD depot only. We already have one and that’s Ulmer Park + that’s b/c of politics. 

Nope, you couldn't be more far off with that.

Ulmer Park, since the debut of the OG hybrids, have refused hybrid buses. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Logistics is why they are an XD40 depot.

They were originally in line for NGs....but rejected that batch, Baisley Park did the same.

Supposedly.....they are in line for XDE40s.

Edited by Cait Sith

11 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Right now it’s on the Bx15 so I’m going to say it’s a transfer. If it runs on a Tuskegee Airmen route again I’ll mention it here.

I’ll help you out! Definitely a transfer. That bus and another left TU overnight to West Farms. 

TU and West Farms are a bit of a distance. Highly doubt that said bus is a loan. So therefore. 5258 TU to WF.