MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

MJQ has from 6692-6747. I think its a great Idea to have MJQ to be an ALL hybrid depot.

No it's not a good idea! It's bad enough the RTS' are disappearing from Manhattan as fast as they are, why make them go any faster? Let them die in Manhattan for goodness sake!

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJQ has from 6692-6747. I think its a great Idea to have MJQ to be an ALL hybrid depot.

So LaGuardia can kill more diesels? I dont think so.... LaGuardia shouldnt get any more diesels until they resolve the issues with maintenance....LaGuardia is better off getting more hybrids because those are surviving much more better than more than half of the RTS fleet in LaGuardia....in my opinion, those RTSs should be shipped to Baisley Park & JFK...

3210 at Cpt but to add to the Madness in here ....126 or LGA let them have RTS ... And that's A good thing lol I have access to both so bring it.

3210 has been at CPT for a long time :)

At least 126 kept their RTSs in good shape, they had the oldest in the batch and they ran really well and looked really good. What bothers me is why does LGA have some of the best MCIs you guys had before.

I have a question of my own: Why are MJQ leasing their RTS'es away? Plus how many of them are there left?

Answer to your question , they are giving their rts to 126 because they are getting hybrids at mjq and they dont want the rts , there are now 47 rts nova left @ mjq .

1 Question:

Before if Amsterdam Depot is closed, why cant the Orion VII Hybrid go to Ulmer Park instead?

No hybrids will go to ulmer park , the building isnt made for hybrids , but i heard around in the depot that they will be getting some in 2012 , they are going to do the building over . so for now ulmer pk will have mcis & rts , i think it will stay that way , they dont need hybrids .

So LaGuardia can kill more diesels? I dont think so.... LaGuardia shouldnt get any more diesels until they resolve the issues with maintenance....LaGuardia is better off getting more hybrids because those are surviving much more better than more than half of the RTS fleet in LaGuardia....in my opinion, those RTSs should be shipped to Baisley Park & JFK...

If LGA needs 'new' buses, I'd say send them some of the older hybrids from QV or such. Anything but RTSs ['97 and later] to LGA.

Answer to your question , they are giving their rts to 126 because they are getting hybrids at mjq and they dont want the rts , there are now 47 rts nova left @ mjq .

No hybrids will go to ulmer park , the building isnt made for hybrids , but i heard around in the depot that they will be getting some in 2012 , they are going to do the building over . so for now ulmer pk will have mcis & rts , i think it will stay that way , they dont need hybrids .

What do you mean the building isn't made for hybrids?

If LGA needs 'new' buses, I'd say send them some of the older hybrids from QV or such. Anything but RTSs ['97 and later] to LGA.

I say send more RTS', not hybrids. We have a million of them mothballed at ECH. Besides, I like seeing Nova's at LGA. I would love to see more go over there. They hold up better on the heavy used lines IMO.

Its not a height issue for one, MCI's are 11ft 5 inchs. I remember 4220 being at Ulmer Park for a bit (according to what I read before hand). Maybe, I think, its a union issue in regards to driver training or mechanic training? I only see that is the only reason. Also, CNG's usually require major building modification, not hybrids if im not mistaken...

3210 has been at CPT for a long time ;)

At least 126 kept their RTSs in good shape, they had the oldest in the batch and they ran really well and looked really good. What bothers me is why does LGA have some of the best MCIs you guys had before.

3210 lol that's sad I didn't know it was there until you said lol O boy I gotta take inv in my depot.

LGA if this EXP merger goes through then we will get the goods .... I hope

I'm still waiting for 7xxx and CT god damn it .

No hybrids will go to ulmer park , the building isnt made for hybrids , but i heard around in the depot that they will be getting some in 2012 , they are going to do the building over . so for now ulmer pk will have mcis & rts , i think it will stay that way , they dont need hybrids

That is incorrect, 5072 up to 5074 were SLATED to go to 126th one way or another, 126th lost a bunch of buses since June 27th. Quill is not getting anymore hybrids. 4429 and 30 are just loaners.

That is also incorrect and it doesnt make any sense at all, the hybrids meet the height clearance that the MCIs meet, as the MCIs are a bit taller. Ulmer Park can handle hybrids as they can easily give up an x amount of RTSs to accommodate x amount of hybrids . Depot build structure has nothing to do with housing hybrids like that. No depot is made for hybrids....

Its not a height issue for one, MCI's are 11ft 5 inchs. I remember 4220 being at Ulmer Park for a bit (according to what I read before hand). Maybe, I think, its a union issue in regards to driver training or mechanic training? I only see that is the only reason. Also, CNG's usually require major building modification, not hybrids if im not mistaken...

Ditto what Cait Sith said in the above post. To add on to that, it has nothing to do with union issues. It's a TA depot. I has to do with fleet planning. Ulmer might need a little more space, but they will have new buses way before an expansion is even going to be on the table.

That is incorrect, 5072 up to 5074 were SLATED to go to 126th one way or another, 126th lost a bunch of buses since June 27th. Quill is not getting anymore hybrids. 4429 and 30 are just loaners.

That is also incorrect and it doesnt make any sense at all, the hybrids meet the height clearance that the MCIs meet, as the MCIs are a bit taller. Ulmer Park can handle hybrids as they can easily give up an x amount of RTSs to accommodate x amount of hybrids . Depot build structure has nothing to do with housing hybrids like that. No depot is made for hybrids....

Well i didnt know that 126 lost alot of buses , and i didnt know 4429 and 4430 are loaners , and isnt mjq getting more hybrids? they are always getting buses it seems like . And a supiorvisor told me that they would have to fix the building and make it concrete , i dont think he knows what he's talking about . He said that by time its 2012 there will be hybrids there witchh i doubt , i think upk will just stay rts & mci unless like 10 - 15 years later they get some .

8891 is now at the MHV depot. It came from ECH storage.

Wow , rts going back theree . i had deja vu about this the other night . I Cant believe rts are going back to mtv . Oh & Tj Trainman is your youtube account rts4108? if so then nice video of 9333 & 9325 speeding , 9333 is the best rts ive ever heard , its 9333 , 8934 .