MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

14 hours ago, MHV184 said:

Why are these buses at MCH isn't Manhattanville supposed to be priority right now since they are scrapping their Gen IIs 

some of the former Yukon's are going to Hale based on accumulated mileage and potential mileage. believe it or not, Hale (or 100 street for that matter) won't put as many miles on those units like tha 'ville definitely will (M2/3/4/5/104/11) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

some of the former Yukon's are going to Hale based on accumulated mileage and potential mileage. believe it or not, Hale (or 100 street for that matter) won't put as many miles on those units like tha 'ville definitely will (M2/3/4/5/104/11) 

Point well taken. M1/M7 dont have tons of mileage unlike the Mannyvlle lines. However, ain’t Yukon supposed to keep 1 or 2 NG’s as they are a training depot? I’d be suprised if they get a 3G from CAS for training 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Point well taken. M1/M7 dont have tons of mileage unlike the Mannyvlle lines. However, ain’t Yukon supposed to keep 1 or 2 NG’s as they are a training depot? I’d be suprised if they get a 3G from CAS for training 

Could Castleton maybe be a training depot? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, I don’t know much about how “training depots” work.

26 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Could Castleton maybe be a training depot? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, I don’t know much about how “training depots” work.

I’m not 100% with this and it’s not a stupid question. Hopefully one of the Mods can shed a little light on this. From what i do know from previous convos that Yukon is indeed a training depot. However, with the NG’s leaving for the mainland in an alarming rate that begs a bit of concern with Yukon and training aspects. 

12 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’m not 100% with this and it’s not a stupid question. Hopefully one of the Mods can shed a little light on this. From what i do know from previous convos that Yukon is indeed a training depot. However, with the NG’s leaving for the mainland in an alarming rate that begs a bit of concern with Yukon and training aspects. 

castleton in recent memory (the last decade) has never been mentioned as a training depot. Castleton may have been one back when there were only 2 depots and when RTS's still roamed the island, but I'm only guessing. and yes, Yukon (among other depots) that are used by DOB/Zerega for training purposes will keep 2 (or possibly 3) NG's for said training purposes, even if the majority of their revenue vehicles aren't in fact NG's. 

12 hours ago, Snorunts said:

any depot technically could be utilized for training purposes. it's ultimately up to DOB & Zerega based on training necessity & fleet availability. at this point, now that the RTS has been ceremoniously decommissioned, the NG is the only bus model for training, which means most yards that currently possess NG's are potential training yards, excluding 100 street (and Hale, if I'm not mistaken) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I think this is Day #3 of 4006 at Manhattanville; Running on the M116 today. I really want to know if it’s a transfer or just a loan.

Consider it as a long term loan. However, I believe it’s registered with MV. I saw 4006 last night on the 11 with MQ decals. It could mean that it may return back to MQ like 4041, and 4016 when MV used then weeks ago. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Consider it as a long term loan. However, I believe it’s registered with MV. I saw 4006 last night on the 11 with MQ decals. It could mean that it may return back to MQ like 4041, and 4016 when MV used then weeks ago. 

Currently, it's not a loan, it's assigned at MV.

Edited by Cait Sith