MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Currently, they are still at Flatbush. 

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news. However, I’ve already answered that in the previous post.  

But I got a question for you: When will LGA start moving some of those even 60xx buses to Manhattan and I bet some will need work. 

12 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news. However, I’ve already answered that in the previous post.  

But I got a question for you: When will LGA start moving some of those even 60xx buses to Manhattan and I bet some will need work. 

That will have to wait until a 6200 in on the Q53-SBS. Word on the street is that some 6000s may be moved on another line: The Q70 LaGuardia Link

Edited by Calvin

12 minutes ago, Calvin said:

That will have to wait until a 6200 in on the Q53-SBS. Word on the street is that some 6000s may be moved on another line: The Q70 LaGuardia Link

That is a copy. At the most right now LGA’s 6000’s may stay.  Will JFK’s 6000’s head Manhattan bound?  Since the Q10 doesn’t have SBS status as of yet. 

20 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

ALL of those LGA 60xx's will need work, without a doubt. the JFK 60/61xx's however are damn-near pristine 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

That is a copy. At the most right now LGA’s 6000’s may stay.  Will JFK’s 6000’s head Manhattan bound?  Since the Q10 doesn’t have SBS status as of yet. 

It's been said that they won't stay....only a handful will for the Q70.

1 minute ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

ALL of those LGA 60xx's will need work, without a doubt. the JFK 60/61xx's however are damn-near pristine 

Ehh, almost.....they've been sitting in the shop more often lately. The 5300s have been running more often on the Q52, leaving the Q10 with some 40fters.

Just now, Cait Sith said:

Ehh, almost.....they've been sitting in the shop more often lately. The 5300s have been running more often on the Q52, leaving the Q10 with some 40fters.

understood. at least body-wise is what i was attesting to re: the 60/61xx's. I'm not surprised they've been in the shop, assuming it's shocks/struts. I've definitely seen more 53xx's as you've stated. 

24 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

understood. at least body-wise is what i was attesting to re: the 60/61xx's. I'm not surprised they've been in the shop, assuming it's shocks/struts. I've definitely seen more 53xx's as you've stated. 

What surprises me is that it's happening to a fleet that doesn't run nearly as hard as LG's 6000s. I do wonder what the cause may be. I know they send some down to FR depot for work every now and then, as some of them pull out of FR for the AM rush.

Me personally, I'm waiting for one to hit the Q10 again before they all get sent back to Transit, but that's just wishful thinking lol.

rsz-1img-5634.jpg

Edited by Cait Sith

I have been watching this forums for quite some time now and some of you guys have the wrong information. I am a Bus Operator out of LaGuardia Depot and I will set the record, whether you gentlemen decide to believe me or not is up to you. I was told this by management themselves. You already know that we are receiving 25 brand new artic which we have already started to pick up from JFK Vender. I was told by maintenance that they will try and pick one to two buses a day until our order is complete. We have 2 now, 6239 and 6240. Though we are receiving the buses they will not go on the road until the decision is made on what 6000's buses we are keeping and which ones are going to Tuskegee Deopt. Apparently these buses belong to them. We have been extremely short on artic's on the Q53 because of vandalism plus our buses are taking a beating because of high mileage and constant 24hr use. We don't have replacement buses nor do we have extras. We have made a deal with BP to loan us buses in emergencies to help with the line and the extremely load the Q53 imposes on those buses. Q53 has 42 runs daily plus a few extra buses run the line to help to combat the extremely high demand and increased ridership. From what I understand we are suppose to keep 10 of the 6000's permanently to help with the increased demand. Which ones I don't know yet. But our maintenance department is trying hard to keep these buses on the road. The problem is we have a high demand for the line and not enough equipment. So the existing equipment goes through rigorous abuse from constant use. 12 Artic's are slotted for the Q70 SBS which is suppose to happen spring 2020 pick, providing that they can change the route to accommodate parking at 61st. 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Novabus 5000 said:

To sum up any questions regarding these buses. As of right now, this is the current allotment:

-25 to LGA 

-15 to JFK

-13 to BP

The current SBS units at MTAB will go back to NYCTA, with a handful remaining for use on the Q70 when the line gets converted to artic in the near future. Buses will receive SBS colors in due time. 

I stand corrected. The assignments have been changed. BP has been eliminated from this order, and it will be split between LGA and JFK with LGA getting 28 buses and JFK getting 25. 

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Will the conversion for the Q64 go as planned during April 2020 spring pick???

I feel the only way this will happen at this point is if more 6000’s stay at MTA Bus, but I’m sure NYCT doesn’t want any additional units staying at MTA bus. However anything can change as always.