MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I'm going to need some of you guys to stop throwing random numbers onto a wall to see if it'll stick. 

LaGuardia only has 6239, 6240, 6242 and 6245. JFK only has 6243 to familiarize maintenance personnel & operators with the new things that is coming with this order.

Unless you are absolutely certain that said bus got delivered to one of these two depots, do NOT throw random numbers into this thread. The false reports are starting to get really annoying and I will end up deleting these posts and putting folks on mod queue if this keeps up.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

I'm going to need some of you guys to stop throwing random numbers onto a wall to see if it'll stick. 

LaGuardia only has 6239, 6240, 6242 and 6245. JFK only has 6243 to familiarize maintenance personnel & operators with the new things that is coming with this order.

Unless you are absolutely certain that said bus got delivered to one of these two depots, do NOT throw random numbers into this thread. The false reports are starting to get really annoying and I will end up deleting these posts and putting folks on mod queue if this keeps up.

Mistake pointed. I added a hmm (which is my fault) to see if that unit was there or not (this was observed through an image online). Or that it was another unit that was mistaken to the one given like 6246 (point taken)

Edited by Calvin

52 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

i realize this may be out of the realm of possibility, and far be it from me to request anything, but personally i would prefer picture or video verification before validating any new unit numbers into this system. unverified info is annoying, and I'm not buying the majority of reports unless i see a depot logo slapped over a quality control sticker and a farebox in place with the unit running in revenue service. as it's been stated time & time again, with every new delivery, just because a unit is at a particular depot, it doesn't necessarily mean said unit will see revenue service from that yard. 

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I am a Bus Operator out of LaGuardia Depot. I can confirm what Cait Sith said. These are the only buses in my depot. Please do not spread rumors. More buses will follow in the days to come. Maintenance has to get the okay from the Vendor before we can pick them up. I know there are about 8 buses at JFK Vendor waiting for LGA to pick up.  

15 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

What will Jamaica get in return? and I would think these 2 moves are for mileage purposes. 

They seem to be just that, for mileage.

Some of Castleton's lower 8000s already accumulated 150k miles.

4 minutes ago, T J Trainman said:

8322, 8323 GH to CAS. CAS does have a shortage. 

They are far from short.

Extra service was added to the S40 last week; will be expanded next week. Bike racks were added to 5 locals (2 previous buses, 3 new), so those buses are supposed to be for the 53/93. (But we already know, how that's gonna go)

And mileage is up there for the older 8s. Highest I've seen was 165K. If that keeps up, these buses will have way more miles in another 4 years, than the 7000s have right now.