MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Wait a minute. 3 from MCH, 2 from Quill to GA. Yeh.. This is gonna be very weird. Is this the pending B48, 57 and 60 heading back to GA? 

Yes. The B13 will be kept at Fresh Pond. 

Edited by Calvin

52 minutes ago, Novabus 5000 said:

3882, 3894, 3899 3943-44 to grand

Aren't those 3800s hybrids the ones with the box batteries that for whatever reason the DOB didn't want running in the outer boroughs? Thought the Box battery NG's would stay in Manhattan until retirement, guess not.

Edited by trainfan22

18 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

They could be at GA just for maintenance.

14 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

For maintenance or service?

Nope, these buses are (for now) assigned to GA. That's why Novabus 5000 posted them.

Buses there for maintenance aren't re-assigned in the system. I'm surprised to see a lead acid bus leave Manhattan myself – it's been 10 years since the 3900s were in Brooklyn.

17 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Nope, these buses are (for now) assigned to GA. That's why Novabus 5000 posted them.

Buses there for maintenance aren't re-assigned in the system. I'm surprised to see a lead acid bus leave Manhattan myself – it's been 10 years since the 3900s were in Brooklyn.

I’m just saying, it could be the same situation as those 2015 Novabus LFS (8107-8119) that left Jamaica Depot to Staten Island. Some of them made a stop at Michael J. Quill but never actually did a run in Manhattan...

13 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I’m just saying, it could be the same situation as those 2015 Novabus LFS (8107-8119) that left Jamaica Depot to Staten Island. Some of them made a stop at Michael J. Quill but never actually did a run in Manhattan...

Long distance moves are split to two individual moves now. Majority of SI bound transfers go to Quill but now with OMNY, they go wherever the OMNY team is, then they head to SI.