MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

What ever happened to 4367, 4369, 4373-4374, 4377-4378, 4381, 4383, 4424, 4583, 4587 from Kingsbridge Depot? I couldn’t find those units anywhere else in the roster.

I have all of them still at KB. 

KB: 4365-4391, 4405, 4421, 4424, 4454, 4580-4587.

1 hour ago, tvega961 said:

5504, 5595 and 5601 to Hale. 5504 is on the M15+ 

They should do a fleet swap and give MCH and TU the LFSAs. 55+30. Then the remaining LFSAs can stay at Quill in a sea of XD60s until S.I gets the batch of LFSAs. 

Edit : I said what I said, but reply in the Fleets & Depot thread and tag me. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

58 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They should do a fleet swap and give MCH and TU the LFSAs. 55+30. Then the remaining LFSAs can stay at Quill in a sea of XD60s until S.I gets the batch of LFSAs. 

Edit : I said what I said, but reply in the Fleets & Depot thread and tag me. 

Why would Tuskegee Airmen need SBS buses? And we don’t know when or if Staten Island will get Novabus LFSAs (or any articulated buses).

If I were going to hypothetically move around articulated buses, I would just move all 90 of the 1200s to Tuskegee and keep them at one depot, then supplement them with 38 of the 2011 or 2012 LFSAs. The other 62 LFSAs can go to Gun Hill or Kingsbridge, 9 of the XD60s can then go to Flatbush pushing those Novas there to Kingsbridge for local service with the other 19 going to Gun Hill.

I think the Quill and Hale fleets are fine the way they are

[EDIT: just realized this isn't fleets and depots, my bad]

Edited by Around the Horn

4 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

If I were going to hypothetically move around articulated buses, I would just move all 90 of the 1200s to Tuskegee and keep them at one depot, then supplement them with 38 of the 2011 or 2012 LFSAs. The other 62 LFSAs can go to Gun Hill or Kingsbridge, 9 of the XD60s can then go to Flatbush pushing those Novas there to Kingsbridge for local service with the other 19 going to Gun Hill.

I think the Quill and Hale fleets are fine the way they are

[EDIT: just realized this isn't fleets and depots, my bad]

MJQ and MCH keep swapping buses, is there a specific reason for that? Not sure why they can’t just stick with the buses they have...?

24 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

MJQ and MCH keep swapping buses, is there a specific reason for that? Not sure why they can’t just stick with the buses they have...?

I believe Quill is in change of OMNY installs so they were sending Hale buses to Quill for installation and loaning Quill buses to Hale until those buses came back.