MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That bus has traveled very well since Charleston Depot. 

Since Jamaica, actually. That's where it originally started.

5 minutes ago, Xcelsior Man said:

Also on July 9th, I found #7342(FB unit) running in Manhattan along 8th ave. Is for a B99 route test , or a transfer ?

What time of day did you see this? Depending on the time, it could've been route training for the operators.

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

Since Jamaica, actually. That's where it originally started.

What time of day did you see this? Depending on the time, it could've been route training for the operators.

Noon, maybe around 11:47am - 12:11pm.

Edited by Xcelsior Man

12 hours ago, Xcelsior Man said:

Noon, maybe around 11:47am - 12:11pm.

53 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Time of day? 

Traveling to MJQ just to get OMNI installed?

Training bus?

I've been seeing this as well. Usually with a few B/Os on board. I think FB is sending deadheads to MJQ with operators midday to stage for B99 departures in the evening. A version of the SI trips that pull into Quill for a lengthy swing before the evening trips.

56 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

I've been seeing this as well. Usually with a few B/Os on board. I think FB is sending deadheads to MJQ with operators midday to stage for B99 departures in the evening. A version of the SI trips that pull into Quill for a lengthy swing before the evening trips.

Nah they haven't. Every B99 run has either been a deadhead to Manhattan or a deadhead to the junction.

49 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Nah they haven't. Every B99 run has either been a deadhead to Manhattan or a deadhead to the junction.

But they're not doing any deadheads earlier in the day? I was thinking they have more shifters/people available before the overnight so they were deadheading some in advance.

21 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

But they're not doing any deadheads earlier in the day? I was thinking they have more shifters/people available before the overnight so they were deadheading some in advance.

Nah, they've been doing some route training during the day. The first day, they used only NGs, the days after, they've been using 7600s strictly. I don't think a 7300 has shown up on the line.

23 minutes ago, 4CNRailfan said:

4369 is running on the Bx2 right now and it doesn’t appear to be on KB’s roster. It has KB decals as well.

It’s already on KB’s roster. If I’m not mistake, it’s been at KB for a very long time.

Edit: 4369 and a couple other KB buses were in storage for a bit, but they’re still at KB. 

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

4 minutes ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

FYI, 4369 and others were delivered new to KB (4330-4407). A few of their buses are in summer storage, but still can be used when needed.

So, why didn't the MTA keep a few 1998-1999 Novabus RTS's in storage in case of emergencies with the newer bus fleet like the electric buses? They could have kept like 40-60 of the best ones? 

5 minutes ago, Kris Brain said:

So, why didn't the MTA keep a few 1998-1999 Novabus RTS's in storage in case of emergencies with the newer bus fleet like the electric buses? They could have kept like 40-60 of the best ones? 

Because Governor Cuomo promised the complaining public he was gonna retire those "old" polluting diesel buses. As if he could actually tell one bus from another! LMAO

1 hour ago, Kris Brain said:

Cause they were replaced by diesel Novas & New Flyers that was proven reliable for NYCT service so there was no need to do that.

1 minute ago, trainfan22 said:

Cause they were replaced by diesel Novas & New Flyers that was proven reliable for NYCT service so there was no need to do that.

WMATA in D.C. had saved many of their 2000 Orion 5.501s for a rainy day and they apparently had several. Had to remove their XN40s and NABI BRT 42 hybrids from service for a period of time.