MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Thats gotta be on loan for the day...

On the Roster it shows that it's  at Ulmer so I don't think it will be a loan but we could see cause I remember  hearing that Ulmer would never get Next Gens and I can now take a laugh on what people said at the time they said the same with Eny Depot and look what happened  any thing can change over the next few years.

Just now, Ultimategamer12c said:

On the Roster it shows that it's  at Ulmer so I don't think it will be a loan but we could see cause I remember  hearing that Ulmer would never get Next Gens and I can now take a laugh on what people said at the time they said the same with Eny Depot and look what happened  any thing can change over the next few years.

You are correct.. I'm only guessing with more Manhattanville NG's heading to EN.  We could possibly see more EN to UP moves.

19 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

You are correct.. I'm only guessing with more Manhattanville NG's heading to EN.  We could possibly see more EN to UP moves.

I wouldn't  say I'm right but I was just thinking  on it with the Transfer LMAO,  but if  I'm correct I heard something  about Eny having to displace some buses again like there XD40's and Next Gens as well due to them getting a bulk of the new buses so I'm assuming with the Ulmer thing that's  just the tip of the ice burg on that I won't say always go by what the roster says cause anything can change but that was just my thought.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

9 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

I wouldn't  say I'm right but I was just thinking  on it with the Transfer LMAO,  but if  I'm correct I heard something  about Eny having to displace some buses again like there XD40's and Next Gens as well due to them getting a bulk of the new buses so I'm assuming with the Ulmer thing that's  just the tip of the ice burg on that I won't say always got by what the roster says cause anything can change but that was just my thought.

Supposedly East New York is only receiving 25 new buses. I can see East New York pushing out their local scheme 2018/19 XD40s to other depots in Brooklyn, but I do not know what is actually going to happen so I’ll keep my other predictions to myself.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Supposedly East New York is only receiving 25 new buses. I can see East New York pushing out their local scheme 2018/19 XD40s to other depots in Brooklyn, but I do not know what is actually going to happen so I’ll keep my other predictions to myself.

ENY is receiving 25 XDE40s, but also 69 Novabus LFS for a grand total of 94 new buses between now and early 2022. 

May not be a transfer per se, but I saw 5501 inside East New York Depot---might it have been there to find areas of tight clearance for the articulated fleet? (I expect that 7659-7684 will be bumped off of SBS duty, which in turn would cause a transfer of some of the newer XD40s to FP to knock out their O7 hybrids.

The next issue then would be to renew the Manhattan Division rigid fleet (aside from Quill). The recent 40' bus orders have all been for the outer boroughs, except for Quill. Manhattanville in particular has gone 14 years without receiving a new bus (remember: the 3800s began their lives in Staten Island Division.) If I'm not mistaken, 6789 was the last bus Manhattanville received brand new.

Edited by aemoreira81

11 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

May not be a transfer per se, but I saw 5501 inside East New York Depot---might it have been there to find areas of tight clearance for the articulated fleet? (I expect that 7659-7684 will be bumped off of SBS duty, which in turn would cause a transfer of some of the newer XD40s to FP to knock out their O7 hybrids.

The next issue then would be to renew the Manhattan Division rigid fleet (aside from Quill). The recent 40' bus orders have all been for the outer boroughs, except for Quill. Manhattanville in particular has gone 14 years without receiving a new bus (remember: the 3800s began their lives in Staten Island Division.) If I'm not mistaken, 6789 was the last bus Manhattanville received brand new.

All 4 manhattan depots will be getting hybrids off the new orders. 

1 hour ago, aemoreira81 said:

Yeah #5501 is actually  inside Eny Depot rn it was last seen around Spring Creek Flatlands Av.

Edited by Ultimategamer12c

4 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

3981 and 4103 are back at East New York.

That’s why I say give it time and don’t jump into conclusions.

Actually  no the Buses are signed as the B82 and is sitting outside Ulmer Park Depot rn, the buses has been signed up as the B82 all day and have sat out untouched or used in service so technically the buses are still at Ulmer.

6 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Actually  no the Buses are signed as the B82 and is sitting outside Ulmer Park Depot rn, the buses has been signed up as the B82 all day and have sat out untouched or used in service so technically the buses are still at Ulmer.

That could be the case. According to the tracker, both units are on Cropsey Avenue on the B82 route. Let’s just give it more time then.

36 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

3981 and 4103 are back at East New York.

That’s why I say give it time and don’t jump into conclusions.

28 minutes ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Both buses are currently assigned at UP in the system.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

According to TTMG as of today:

3981 is now at Ulmer Park

5501 is now a transfer from Flatbush to East New York for the B82SBS+

Sir, I reported 3981 at Ulmer Park yesterday morning. Also, someone confirmed it above your post.

Edited by Snorunts