MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

9 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

How long till these new buses are in service? I can't wait to be done riding the POS 28XXs from CP

Might not be long, since the ops were already trained on 23.

1300, 1303 and 1304 are en route. They just got off the Whitestone Bridge.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Are they replacing all CP’s MCI?

They're probably replacing all 01/02 MCIs, as well as the 04/05s, some 06s and probably some 07s as well, but that's from each express bus depot with them.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

That wasn't my question.

If the bus is assigned to Grand Ave. DEPOT, the expectation is that it would be seen running on Grand Ave. routes, or at the very least, there for the mechanics to get acquainted with the bus and/or begin to qualify the operators on the equipment, if there are major differences on the bus.

If the bus is assigned to Grand Ave. BASE SHOP, the expectation it that it's "visiting" for maintenance training purposes.

Grand Ave. Depot and Grand Ave. Base Shop, despite being in the same large building, are completely separate entities.

This is absolutely incorrect. There is never an expectation that bus will run on a route until has physically seen service on that route. There have been plenty of situations where buses were assigned to garages and never once saw service (i.e. 6772 at JFK, 6480 at LGA, 7540 at Eastchester). There was never the expectation that any of these were going to go out.

As of right now, there has not been any changes in the fleet assignments. Again, as always subject to change but as of now it is still the same as the information shared a few weeks ago. 

12 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

This is absolutely incorrect. There is never an expectation that bus will run on a route until has physically seen service on that route. There have been plenty of situations where buses were assigned to garages and never once saw service (i.e. 6772 at JFK, 6480 at LGA, 7540 at Eastchester). There was never the expectation that any of these were going to go out.

As of right now, there has not been any changes in the fleet assignments. Again, as always subject to change but as of now it is still the same as the information shared a few weeks ago. 

if you are going to respond to a statement of mine, please read my entire statement.

Will you please answer the following: when the claim the bus is at Grand Ave., is at the DEPOT or BASE SHOP?  Please reread the words I said. 

Grand Ave. Base Shop is not a garage!  Grand Ave. depot is, despite the fact they're in the same building.  Why?  Because a bus at Grand Ave. Base Shop will not run on a Grand Ave. route unless/until the Base shop is finished with the bus and is told by operations to send it to Grand Ave. DEPOT for service.

Why can't the 100% of the posters here understand there is a  difference between Grand Ave. Base Shop and Grand Ave. Depot? 

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

1 hour ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

if you are going to respond to a statement of mine, please read my entire statement.

Will you please answer the following: when the claim the bus is at Grand Ave., is at the DEPOT or BASE SHOP?  Please reread the words I said. 

Grand Ave. Base Shop is not a garage!  Grand Ave. depot is, despite the fact they're in the same building.  Why?  Because a bus at Grand Ave. Base Shop will not run on a Grand Ave. route unless/until the Base shop is finished with the bus and is told by operations to send it to Grand Ave. DEPOT for service.

Why can't the 100% of the posters here understand there is a  difference between Grand Ave. Base Shop and Grand Ave. Depot? 

The same was true when FLA would send buses to KB for repainting. I took a shot of RTS #5093, with it's FLA decal parked next to KB Depot, waiting to be repainted. Once that bus was repainted, it was driven back to FLA Depot. It never ran out of KB. Depot.

5 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

The bus in question were listed as Grand Avenue OWN bus on their own roster, hence why they were mentioned to be there. If they were at the base shops, they wouldn't be on Grand Avenue's in-service roster like every C40LF and Nova that shows up there for work, that was his entire point. There's no assignments to base shops.

9622 is currently at Grand Avenue, but it was not ASSIGNED to Grand, it's at their shops.

As for your statement.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, Bill from Maspeth said:

That wasn't my question.

If the bus is assigned to Grand Ave. DEPOT, the expectation is that it would be seen running on Grand Ave. routes, or at the very least, there for the mechanics to get acquainted with the bus and/or begin to qualify the operators on the equipment, if there are major differences on the bus.

If the bus is assigned to Grand Ave. BASE SHOP, the expectation it that it's "visiting" for maintenance training purposes.

Grand Ave. Depot and Grand Ave. Base Shop, despite being in the same large building, are completely separate entities.

That's what he responded to. 9510 was assigned to Grand Avenue's in-service fleet roster, but was not in service. There's no listing for Grand Avenue shops. 9622 is at Grand Avenue at their shops, not assigned to Grand Avenue.

All the dude said was that it was there. That should have been left alone as is. If it entered service, we would have known that it was their bus for in-service use. There was no need for this big stink. We've had buses go in depots assigned, and out of those depots in short times before, this shouldn't be an issue.

-------------------------

For anyone that wants an update on 9510, it's at the Cummins Service Center in The Bronx.

Edited by Cait Sith

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

The bus in question were listed as Grand Avenue OWN bus on their own roster, hence why they were mentioned to be there. If they were at the base shops, they wouldn't be on Grand Avenue's in-service roster like every C40LF and Nova that shows up there for work, that was his entire point. There's no assignments to base shops.

9622 is currently assigned at Grand Avenue, but it was not ASSIGNED to Grand, it's at their shops.

As for your statement.

That's what he responded to. 9510 was assigned to Grand Avenue's in-service fleet roster, but was not in service. There's no listing for Grand Avenue shops. 9622 is at Grand Avenue at their shops, not assigned to Grand Avenue.

All the dude said was that it was there. That should have been left alone as is. If it entered service, we would have known that it was their bus for in-service use. There was no need for this big stink. We've had buses go in depots assigned, and out of those depots in short times before, this shouldn't be an issue.

-------------------------

For anyone that wants an update on 9510, it's at the Cummins Service Center in The Bronx.

Is the Cummins Service Center near the maintenance area at Zerega or is it up the block from Zerega. I feel it’s around the same area? @Cait Sith

Edited by Future ENY OP

27 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Is the Cummins Service Center near the maintenance area at Zerega or is it up the block from Zerega. I feel it’s around the same area? @Cait Sith

Up the block, you can see it crossing the Bruckner Bridge, leading to the Whitestone Bridge.

3 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Up the block, you can see it crossing the Bruckner Bridge, leading to the Whitestone Bridge.

Copy @NBTA  I’ve driven by the area before in passing but wanted to make sure if I was accurate. There’s a Honda service center on Zerega  I go to where I send tractors from Manhattan and Brooklyn for serving. 

9 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

There is no listing for Grand Avenue CMF. There is only a depot created for buses in service buses at Grand Avenue Depot.