MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, new member here.

Thought I'd add to the list of RTSes that are loaners over at MHV.

Along with 8891 as mentioned and 5017 (I believe that bus is still there but I haven't seen it in service), MHV just got

8896 -- out of QV

4907 -- out of Jamaica (as far as I know that's the first time a 49xx has been at MHV)

Just rode 8896 today, and 4907 was operating on the M3 yesterday with 8891 on the M1 and 8896 on the M2.

I know this all may sound a bit far-fetched coming from a new member, but the buses just keep getting odder and odder.

Wow. If this is true then these moves can keep getting odder & odder. I didn't know or picture a #4900 RTS at MHV Damn! What else is next?

Those would definitely be the depots but I personally have never actually seen 8891, whereas I've seen all the other RTSes operating out of MHV at the moment. That said, I can't imagine 8891 would go anywhere else if it left storage -- MHV is the only depot critically short buses, though LGA is probably pretty sparse as well.

I seriously HATE to recommend this but why not take out some buses from ECH Storage if LGA if short of buses. Especially on the fact that their giving some of their Hybrids away.

Edited by gtNovaBusRTS9369

Those would definitely be the depots but I personally have never actually seen 8891, whereas I've seen all the other RTSes operating out of MHV at the moment. That said, I can't imagine 8891 would go anywhere else if it left storage -- MHV is the only depot critically short buses, though LGA is probably pretty sparse as well.

Let's not forget College Point.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Very true. I suppose CP will be trying to keep those O5s going for as long as possible, though IIR the feds try to limit the life of a CNG tank to fourteen years or so. I suppose the last step would be to re-tank those C40LFs if anything, and send those over the CP. That's more of a long-term plan though, in the way of short-term I guess Eastchester is all that CP has got!

Yep and those Orions that came from LIB will do just fine with CP.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Yep and those Orions that came from LIB will do just fine with CP.

Ok, I know I have basicly taken a break from all things buses this week, but I know I'm not that far out of the loop. Orions as CP from LIB??? I beg to differ!

CP has about 300 buses , they dont need any .

And they are dropping like flies!

Ok, I know I have basicly taken a break from all things buses this week, but I know I'm not that far out of the loop. Orions as CP from LIB??? I beg to differ!

And they are dropping like flies!

Yeah, those PBL Orion V CNGs have really took a beating before the takeover, everyday they are getting closer to death at ECH.