MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, happy283 said:

I heard that 6697-6704 went from MV to WF and 6849-6854 from QV to WF. Can anyone confirm that?

No and no, all of those buses are still at their respective depots.  Where did you hear that? That's not how they've been transferring buses so I wouldn't expect any exact numerical block that way. Also, if 6853 turns up on any route, I'd like to see it!

13 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

No and no, all of those buses are still at their respective depots.  Where did you hear that? That's not how they've been transferring buses so I wouldn't expect any exact numerical block that way. Also, if 6853 turns up on any route, I'd like to see it!

Thanks for the info. By any chance do you know what days the loans will be out? I know monday is a given but do you have info regarding how long the artics intend on being grounded?

3 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Thanks for the info. By any chance do you know what days the loans will be out? I know monday is a given but do you have info regarding how long the artics intend on being grounded?

The loans are only out during inclement weather. (If the depot is on a shortage of buses)

8 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Can you stop asking questions please!!!! Like for the past hours you’ve been asking questions over and over again. I can’t stress this enough. This is for moves and transfers only. If you want to ask questions go to bus and random thoughts. Now last time we tell you just wait until Monday or Sunday night. Now carry on. 

3 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Can you stop asking questions please!!!! Like for the past hours you’ve been asking questions over and over again. I can’t stress this enough. This is for moves and transfers only. If you want to ask questions go to bus and random thoughts. Now last time we tell you just wait until Monday or Sunday night. Now carry on. 

Be helpful, provide info or say nothing. Its that simple. You did neither of the first two things, so why are you saying anything.

2 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Be helpful, provide info or say nothing. Its that simple. You did neither of the first two things, so why are you saying anything.

Ok last time I’m going to say this. THIS IS FOR MOVES!!!!! AND TRANSFERS!!!! QUESTIONS GO TO BUS AND RANDOM THOUGHTS!!! Before you say anything read and then talk thank you. Now people have helped you and told you to wait so now wait. Carry on

6 minutes ago, MHV184 said:

Ok last time I’m going to say this. THIS IS FOR MOVES!!!!! AND TRANSFERS!!!! QUESTIONS GO TO BUS AND RANDOM THOUGHTS!!! Before you say anything read and then talk thank you. Now people have helped you and told you to wait so now wait. Carry on

I have moved my question to the random thoughts thread but dont think you can shout me into silence with you capital letters and exclamation points. I did read your first response and found it quite obnoxious and responded accordingly so dont tell me I dont read.

2 hours ago, happy283 said:

I have moved my question to the random thoughts thread but dont think you can shout me into silence with you capital letters and exclamation points. I did read your first response and found it quite obnoxious and responded accordingly so dont tell me I dont read.

"This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers. Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads."

26 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

"This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers. Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads."

And I have since moved my question to that thread.

5 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Alright so:

7003, 7007, 7020, 7026, 7028, 7040, 7042, 7045, 7053-7054, 7057, 7060, 7063, 7066, 7068, 7070-7072, 7077, 7080, 7084-7085, 7087

8203, 8217, 8230, 8235, 8239, 8251-8252, 8318, 8699, 8702, 8707 from Castleton to Quill.

8116, 8185-8187, 8192, 8195, 8201, 8263, 8266, 8270, 8280, 8290-8291, 8293-8294, 8296-8298, 8304-8305, 8314 from Yukon to Quill. 

4 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Damn they really sent in the cavalry. Well, looks like we'll see the same as last time, 40-footers on every route instead of than subbing out the artics.

Add 8144, 8156, 8161, 8169, 8173, 8176, 8179 CH to MQ.

8001, 8007, 8016-8017, 8020, 8027-8029, 8031, 8033, 8074, 8076, 8081 QV to WF.

8047, 8056, 8063, 8084, 8087, 8091, 8100-8101, 8106, 8407, 8409, 8412-8413, 8417-8418, 8422, 8432, 8446, 8462, 8464, 8466, 8469 JA to GH.

And one transfer that might outlast the snow loans, we'll see:

4393 QV to KB.

Have there been any more snow loan transfers or is this it? WF seems a little short if you ask me but you never know.

3 hours ago, happy283 said:

Have there been any more snow loan transfers or is this it? WF seems a little short if you ask me but you never know.

This is gonna go from Sunday so...WF isn't short, and even so, service is gonna be cut throughout the day.

3 hours ago, NBTA said:

This is gonna go from Sunday so...WF isn't short, and even so, service is gonna be cut throughout the day.

And all day monday and likely tuesday as well. In december, service was cut as well and WF had the double the amount of loans. Well, then again, they have today to secure more loans if necessary.

14 hours ago, happy283 said:

The days the snow loans will be in effect is not answerable at this time.  It is a very fluid situation.  It all has to do with how much snow we get and how soon the streets are safe enough to resume articulated service as the cleanup progresses.

Now please, that this answer to your memory bank and use it for the next snow storm this season, next season, the season after that...…….

You've asked the same question at least 4 times in less than 24 hours and the same questions last month when it snowed previously.  This is why the contributors to this board get on your case!  Just let it play out and you'll get your information as it is received.  In the transportation business, weather conditions makes concrete plans (which is exactly what you want) impossible to set.

What I don't like with these transfers, and it gets worse and worse as we get more and more articulated to replace 40'ers and routes converted to artic, is that it screws riders who depend on routes already with 40' buses.  Buses run late because of the snow and on top of that runs are not covered due to no bus available.  And it gets worse and worse each season.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

100th Street has 71 NGs loaned from various depots ready for snow service. It also has five OGs from Manhattanville ready for snow service. Grand total 76 buses. Realistically, may be the last time you see OGs on those routes.

MJQ has 30 O7 3Gs and 41 LFSes from various depots. Grand total 71 buses.

WF has 25 LFSes from QV for snow service. Grand total 25 buses.

GH has 46 LFSes from various depots for snow service. Grand total 46 buses.

KB has 17 NGs from QV and other depots for snow service. Grand total 17 buses.

I also have 355-357 and 360 at WF from JG, those may or may not outlast the storm.

7 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

100th Street has 71 NGs loaned from various depots ready for snow service. It also has five OGs from Manhattanville ready for snow service. Grand total 76 buses. Realistically, may be the last time you see OGs on those routes.

I also have 355-357 and 360 at WF from JG, those may or may not outlast the storm.

355-357, 360 moved about 3 weeks ago from Gleason

1 hour ago, MHV9218 said:

Do you have specific numbers for buses transferred?

15 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

If you are so desperate to know what buses were moved around, why don't you track them or go out during the snowstorm and find them? It's really not important, they'll only be loaned for a couple of days.

You can only track buses when they are ona  route. And yes, I do intend to go out in the snowstorm to film them.