MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RapidoNewLook said:

And in SI they run Express Buses on local lines?

During the snow storm, I believe they ran an MCI D4500CL on both the S40 and S48 buses. I don't know but Staten Island has some weird rules in place if someone wants cover a run. @SevenEleven can probably explain them. A few years back, they regularly covered an S55 school tripper with an express bus, probably due to the fact that the operator was coming off an express bus run and didn't have time to swap buses at the depot.

Edited by danielhg121

3 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Did any of those run? I assume no, probably crew transfer buses or something? 

I haven't seen an express in local service anywhere besides SI since Quill ran the X90 express fleet on the local lines - O5s and RTSes with the platform seats. Used to feel like you won the lottery getting one of those.

The prevost express buses we had didn’t go out they stayed at the depot . Those buses wasn’t for service.

15 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Did any of those run? I assume no, probably crew transfer buses or something? 

I haven't seen an express in local service anywhere besides SI since Quill ran the X90 express fleet on the local lines - O5s and RTSes with the platform seats. Used to feel like you won the lottery getting one of those.

Nah, you're right. They were crew buses for the snowstorm.

15 hours ago, RapidoNewLook said:

And in SI they run Express Buses on local lines?

15 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Sometimes on the S89.. I've personally seen MCI's run on there. Not 100% with the prevost express buses.

This happened because of the Bayonne Bridge construction. At one point, the line was 100% Prevosts. The last run on the 89 always took a MCI tho.

14 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

During the snow storm, I believe they ran an MCI D4500CL on both the S40 and S48 buses. I don't know but Staten Island has some weird rules in place if someone wants cover a run. @SevenEleven can probably explain them. A few years back, they regularly covered an S55 school tripper with an express bus, probably due to the fact that the operator was coming off an express bus run and didn't have time to swap buses at the depot.

This was a special circumstance too. The majority of the Charleston buses were chained up, on top of being short from the loans and the regular weekend holds. The MCI on the 40 was a "work as assigned" run, which is why it bounced over the place. Some MCIs made it out to shuttles too that weekend.

8 hours ago, happy283 said:

Are we getting loaner buses for sundays snow event?

The service levels required on a Sunday (unless there are monster subway GO's requiring large bustitutions) would allow existing 40'ers to take the place of artics, except at TU which can borrow buses from other Manhattan Depots.  This storm is expected to dump 3 to 6 inches and finish early.  So by Monday morning streets will be clear enough to run artics once again.   Check Bus Time Sunday morning to find out if artics are grounded and if so what is running on TU routes.  Use your Bus Roster to determine where the loans are coming from.

On another subject, you aid you were going out to photograph buses during the storm.  Care to share your work?

1 hour ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

On another subject, you aid you were going out to photograph buses during the storm.  Care to share your work?

I wouldnt mind sharing photos from past snow loans. This is the transfer forum so I doubt I should put them here though.

1 hour ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

It is looking like #7098 from ENY Depot  is at JG Depot could be for something or whatever the case may be pretty cool though. 

Both 7140 and 7098 are at JG for Maintenance only ENY has very little Maintenance Bays hence the loans from FP from time to time...

Edited by h9069

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Never if you don't stop asking everyday and wait and see.

Like that has anything to do with it. Last time I checked Idiotic responses get you nowhere.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

You got to be kidding me. Stop asking, please! It all depends on the weather. I doubt anyone here is a meteorologist. 
Also, this thread is more actual bus deliveries and transfers. 

Snow loans has to do with transfers and is mentioned quite often in this thread by other users. Checking the weather forecast may be an indication but wont always directly correlate with the MTAs response. Furthermore, while nobody here is a meteorologist, someone here may work for the MTA and info on their plans in response to upcoming snowfall.

24 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

You can figure this out yourself by following the weather forecast + checking the bus time app whenever there's snowfall. 

I do all of those things, but I was wondering if anyone here has info from the MTA regarding their plans for the snow that is expected next week.

1 hour ago, happy283 said:

Like that has anything to do with it. Last time I checked Idiotic responses get you nowhere.

Snow loans has to do with transfers and is mentioned quite often in this thread by other users. Checking the weather forecast may be an indication but wont always directly correlate with the MTAs response. Furthermore, while nobody here is a meteorologist, someone here may work for the MTA and info on their plans in response to upcoming snowfall.

I do all of those things, but I was wondering if anyone here has info from the MTA regarding their plans for the snow that is expected next week.

Snow loans are not really transfers in this part of the thread (best bet is the fleet discussion). They are on stay for days for incoming snowstorms and depot stickers don't change (unless it's moved for a reason). 

Edited by Calvin