MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Flatbush did receive a small loan from East New York during the December snow storm so that statement is kinda off. However, the earlier snow storm this past month they didn’t receive any loans until Thursday.  

This year does not mean 2020. My statement was on point.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Queens Village occasionally does some of the overnight runs on the Q44. It’s still a QV bus.

This is news to me because I’ve only seen CS buses on the Q44 at night. This must have something to do with those extra trips they added to the Q44 overnight during the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

This is news to me because I’ve only seen CS buses on the Q44 at night. This must have something to do with those extra trips they added to the Q44 overnight during the pandemic. 

That's what he said. Lmao

On 2/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, NBTA said:

That's what he said. Lmao

He only said that Queens Village occasionally does some of the overnight runs.

However being someone that lives by the Q44 and uses it quite often at night I’ve never seen anything besides XD60’s unless there is snowfall, but even then CS would just send out its own XD40s and Orion VII NG’s. I know before the Q44 became an SBS route QV used to do school trippers on the route but that’s all. QV doing some overnight trips is news to me.  

Edited by NewFlyer 230

5 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

He only said that Queens Village occasionally does some of the overnight runs.

However being someone that lives by the Q44 and uses it quite often at night I’ve never seen anything besides XD60’s unless there is snowfall, but even then CS would just send out its own XD40s and Orion VII NG’s. I know before the Q44 became an SBS route QV used to do school trippers on the route but that’s all. QV doing some overnight trips is news to me.  

Probably what happened was that CS had an uncovered run and had nobody on the extra board or willing to work overtime to cover it.  Enter Queens Village.  They probably had a guy on extra board or a driver willing to work overtime on the Q44.  Presto: now the run is covered. 

This happens on Staten Island regularly.  For example a run from Yukon is open and a b/o from Castleton will cover it. 

20 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Probably what happened was that CS had an uncovered run and had nobody on the extra board or willing to work overtime to cover it.  Enter Queens Village.  They probably had a guy on extra board or a driver willing to work overtime on the Q44.  Presto: now the run is covered. 

This happens on Staten Island regularly.  For example a run from Yukon is open and a b/o from Castleton will cover it. 

Per ATU 1056 contracts with MTA,going back decades, ONLY a STENGEL BO can work a regularly scheduled run,such as the hawk on the SBSQ44.Only school trips are shared between the 3 NYCT Depots in Queens, and this was started 10-15 yrs ago by the TA, for logistics reasons like mileage and fuel. So while you will never see a QV or Jam Depot BO do a school trip to the Bronx Zoo,you will see them do a SB trip to Jam, which puts them closer to their home Depot. Most BO's from whichever of the 3 Queens Depots, have no idea where the other Queens TA Depots routes go and the turns,stops,etc. Hope this helps! 

8 hours ago, Stengel Depot said:

Per ATU 1056 contracts with MTA,going back decades, ONLY a STENGEL BO can work a regularly scheduled run,such as the hawk on the SBSQ44.Only school trips are shared between the 3 NYCT Depots in Queens, and this was started 10-15 yrs ago by the TA, for logistics reasons like mileage and fuel. So while you will never see a QV or Jam Depot BO do a school trip to the Bronx Zoo,you will see them do a SB trip to Jam, which puts them closer to their home Depot. Most BO's from whichever of the 3 Queens Depots, have no idea where the other Queens TA Depots routes go and the turns,stops,etc. Hope this helps! 

Is this the same contract that the Q32 was transferred from MaBSOTA to NYCT (Queens Division). Since Quill and Stengel both had the Q32 (Clarification needed if I'm wrong on this)

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

There's quite a few standards on the B1, 8 of them out of the 22 buses currently on the route. With the two loans, is there something going on with the artics at UP?

Some XD-60s on the B1 recently have the rear of the bus attached with 4 bolts, one could be the problem with the rear. Or that buses are being repaired inside the depot. 

Edited by Calvin