MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You beat me to it, I just saw it on the D Shuttle. The UP buses look like they've taken a decent bit of wear and tear, don't exactly look fresh... And farebox out could just mean MTA Bus too, right?

Just to clear some things up; when a bus gets transferred from TA/OA to MTAB, only the radio gets taken out not the farebox.

Just to clear some things up; when a bus gets transferred from TA/OA to MTAB, only the radio gets taken out not the farebox.

Actually they do swap some of the fareboxes as well. The boxes for each division are programmed differently, and it's easier to just swap them out.

When the new fare payment and radio systems come online in a few years the equipment will no longer need to be swapped as they will all be the same systemwide.

8932 a recent new arrival to ECH came to ECH with out the F/B and radio same with 9094, 9098, and 9107 to LGA. Although when 9139 came to LGA last week it did have a TA F/B asnd a TA radio. what does LGA do with a TA F/B?

They can program their own stuff into the ta boxes I'm guessing . Just saw 5042 at remsen avenue on the 17 , don't know if it was reported nor do I care .

For some weird reason 9090 is STILL at UP, seen it on the B6 this evening... :confused:

6fy1d1.jpg

9090 is a personal favorite of mine, but it makes no sense for it to still be in UP though. I want to see it go to LGA or JFK for a nice ride on the Q10 or Q53.

Why doesn't it make sense ? When it's time for it to go it will go , it will go by next month or April , 5024 been left it went back to quill & 5025 is still wondering around I saw it the other night on the b6

Why doesn't it make sense ? When it's time for it to go it will go , it will go by next month or April , 5024 been left it went back to quill & 5025 is still wondering around I saw it the other night on the b6

Because the new test fleet buses was supposed to replace the older ones (96 Novas) I don't see the point of keeping that one 96 Nova there but w/e lol.

I mean various buses in the 9382 - 9429 batch left, all of the UP 9600s went to FLA, They could always send a hand me down 98/99 Nova from FLA to replace 9090 when there Nova Artics come.

Not really .... I'm just saying that I don't care if it was posted . It will be posted again , that's it .

i'm calling bull-ish-t

yayyy, more duracell batteries at the Pond :rock:

...hope you sense the sarcasm in this post lol...my actual expression: :mad:

I got it lol

Not sure if this was reported, but 9247 is at JFK.

Because the new test fleet buses was supposed to replace the older ones (96 Novas) I don't see the point of keeping that one 96 Nova there but w/e lol.

I mean various buses in the 9382 - 9429 batch left, all of the UP 9600s went to FLA, They could always send a hand me down 98/99 Nova from FLA to replace 9090 when there Nova Artics come.

Send the 98/99 Novas to where? UP has a very low fleet age now thanks to the new buses testing there. Assuming all those bus types passes and says, that's 90 new local buses for UP [unless for some reason they were moved elsewhere]. So I doubt UP needs newer RTSs.

I'm starting to see a few more FB RTSs with those partitions and 5180 looks like it now has the new 'standard' partition compared to a 'makeshift' one.

i'm calling bull-ish-t

I got it lol

Not sure if this was reported, but 9247 is at JFK.

Ok ......

9382 isnt at fb its at qv thats where it went a long time ago . only 9424-29 are at 126 . 9658 & 59 are at fb , 9383-85 are at fb .

Send the 98/99 Novas to where? UP has a very low fleet age now thanks to the new buses testing there. Assuming all those bus types passes and says, that's 90 new local buses for UP [unless for some reason they were moved elsewhere]. So I doubt UP needs newer RTSs.

I'm starting to see a few more FB RTSs with those partitions and 5180 looks like it now has the new 'standard' partition compared to a 'makeshift' one.

I meant send one 98/99 RTS from FLA to replace 9090.

5180's partition is not the same it had when it was first installed. It now looks like all the newer ones with the black frames around the glass.

I don't see the point of moving one FB bus for one of UP's buses. There's no need to.

Exactly , again 9090 will go when its time for it to go . Why replace it with another bus when its going to go soon anyways . It was needed as an epi for tonight at 9 pm so they are doing work on it now for the brakes . It will most likely be retired by next month or april . Its a very good bus though , good a.c & good heat .