MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9492 is not at 126th its at ulmer park i saw it with my own eyes on the b6 at 3:35 at the depot a friend of mine had it . 9386-9422 are still at ulmer park .

Hopefully there is some photo proof or confirmation, a B/O friend I know told me that it was at 126.

5622, 5623, and 5630 are now part of the fast growing 126th family. The way things are going, it looks like 126th is gonna be an all artic depot soon (probably not really gonna happen)

Oh yeah, 9221 probably out of service for good...so long

Oh I thought it was at Ulmer park . That bus is boring anyways , flatbush getting rid of everything .

Hopefully there is some photo proof or confirmation, a B/O friend I know told me that it was at 126.

Well what I should of did was take a photo with my phone . I know what I'm talking about I'm there everyday . Who ever told you it was at 126 it's not true , I saw it on the b6 it was in front of me at the red Light on Cropsey & 25th . I guess it will go to manhattan soon .

Quill'll probably push out all the 53-5400s with the new LFSAs and a few 55-5600s as well, so makes sense 126 would get some buses back. As for 9221, that's a real shame. That was one of the last RTSes I rode out of MHV while we still had them, and it was a real runner last time I had it on the M31. Definitely put in a good 15 years of service, what happened to it? Also, 9216 still at 126?

9221 has cracked welds on the rear bulkhead...I'm not sure about 9216.

I remember that used to happen on the TMC 8000s and I know for a couple of 8200s like 8294 they swapped in an entirely different bus's bulkhead skin and rebuilt the whole rear bulkhead, but considering it's the end of the road for 9221 anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it for the bus. Shame though, and 126 is gonna need some 40-footers soon considering how many are leaving.

Well, from what it seems like, they are getting the extremely thrashed 9400s from Brooklyn.

Ok not for nothing, but why does he need to show you proof of it being there? Call me crazy, but if this B/O friend of yours told you that 9492 was at 126th Street, then where is HIS proof? Perhaps you never asked him because you straight took his word for it. However, when ciboii tells you something, automatically he has to have proof. To me, that is not right, and I think you are bashing on him just because. Truth be told, I would believe ciboii on WHATEVER he tells me about Ulmer Park because he literally goes by there everyday. Hell, when i was working there he told me what was there before I even got there!!!

How about just giving him the benefit of the doubt. If you don't believe him, then simply do not reply to him, it's that simple. Also, has it ever occurred to you that maybe 9492 was there only as a transporter bus? As in, when LGA received a bunch of RTSs from UP recently, 5083 was there as well, and everybody jumped up and down saying there's a ZF at LGA, when it was only there to transport drivers BACK to UP. So if 126 received anything from UP then 9492 could have been used for transportation back to Brooklyn. Keep that in the back of your mind.

Not bashing on you or anything, just stating some facts. Maybe you can go spot these things for yourself, if you don't believe anybody else, just saying.:)

Well, from what it seems like, they are getting the extremely thrashed 9400s from Brooklyn.

The 9400s from Brooklyn are not THAT bad......just like everything, they need to be worked on. I drove a few of them and although i was NEVER a fan favorite of the upper 9300s-9400s, there are some very good ones and some piss poor ones. Quiet as its kept, 9489 (a former 126th street Bus), should have stayed at 126th Street......

lol, someone on SC is livid about that. Would be funny if more 9500s were moved. 9599 was at FB before being moved to FP, so it's not like it was always there...

Today spotted both 9659 (b46), and 9383 (B41).

I saw 9659 too blazing into utica & then i saw 58 downtown lastnight .

Not a move but is interesting, spotted 6473 out of QV yesterday with new scheme.

also just spotted 801 and 201 side by side out my wondow on Q38!

Is there a reason you guys keep posting "non-moves", basically random stuff in the regional "moves" thread? I don't get it... Especially when there's an random thoughts page already available..

Edited by Acela Express
Grammar correction.

I seen 9492 on the B6 today, bus is still at UP.

Thank you ! Even another friend of mine saw it , how much do you need to prove something to someone ! 9492 was at 126th the other day though it was just there for a day , 9397 & others at Flatbush again as of today . 9232 & 39 at eastchester for scrap they are don't serving their time .

Edited by ciboii22