MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8048 out of service , transmission was sitting in the street 2 blocks from the depot , 5111 might be changing signs " had a green sign then orange & now the back is green & the front and sides are orange in the front . 9090 going up to eastchester today .

The transmission fell out of the bus? The whole thing about the tranny sitting in the street two blocks from the depot is kinda WTF.

I remember someone posted a part fell out of one of the QV LFSs a while back.

The most beautiful thing in the world: spending 8 hours on a bus trying to find a coolant leak and then finding out at the end of the night that tye bus is being scrapped...adios 1105. Oh yeah, 7788 is probably gonna be out of service for a while being that it fell off the lift at westfarms...

The transmission fell out of the bus? The whole thing about the tranny sitting in the street two blocks from the depot is kinda WTF.

I remember someone posted a part fell out of one of the QV LFSs a while back.

What I'm trying to picture here is how the transmission fell out period. If anyone has paid attention to the LFS's design, the powertrain is completely enclosed including underneath...If the transmission did in fact drop out the bus, then there is severe damage to the drive train, the axle, 9 times outta 10 the engine and everything around it as there must of been some sort of powertrain detonation that would blow that cover from underneath the bus and drop the tranny.

The most beautiful thing in the world: spending 8 hours on a bus trying to find a coolant leak and then finding out at the end of the night that tye bus is being scrapped...adios 1105. Oh yeah, 7788 is probably gonna be out of service for a while being that it fell off the lift at westfarms...

Damn.

8048 out of service , transmission was sitting in the street 2 blocks from the depot , 5111 might be changing signs " had a green sign then orange & now the back is green & the front and sides are orange in the front . 9090 going up to eastchester today .

How the hell.... is that even possible? O_o

Someone screwed up big time... how bad was the damage?

I dont know I saw it sitting in the street & the bus was sitting there with the hood up , I was on the b82 i had to catch the b64 at cropsey so i couldnt really go over there and see what exactly happened .

I saw a picture of that (not gonna lie, I chuckled a little...not a fan of those buses)...how did that happen

I dont know how bad the damage was because I saw a picture of it just like you did. I would imagine that it is a lot worse than when 5629 fell off the lift over here. 5629's fall was cushioned by another bus and a coolant drain. 7788 looks like it fell straight down onto the floor and the koni lift that it slipped off of.

I dont know I saw it sitting in the street & the bus was sitting there with the hood up , I was on the b82 i had to catch the b64 at cropsey so i couldnt really go over there and see what exactly happened .

The only thing that i can think of that could just fall out of the back of the bus and allow the bus to keep rolling to 2 more blocks would be the a/c compressor. If the transmission fell out of the bus the bus would stop within a few feet. The a/c compressor on the first batch of LFSA's had a warranty campaign open a couple months back. The Nova guys were changing the mounting plate on the LFSA's because the bolt heads were damaged during the manufacturing process. Not too sure if the same campaign applies to the LFS's

I saw a picture of that (not gonna lie, I chuckled a little...not a fan of those buses)...how did that happen

Don't really know how it happened, there's only speculation right now. The guy might have tried to lift the bus with a flat tire for all i know.

9493 and 3941 at Mannyville. In case you don't wanna scroll back, that's now 9424, 9493, and 3941 sent over.

I was talking to the dispatchers and a couple of ops, and nobody's got a clue why the loaners are being sent. If I were to hazard a guess though, as they send off the early O7s to be repainted, they're gonna need some loaners to fill the gaps, just like when the 6770-6780s were all repainted at once. Hence, a little help from 126th and Quill to plug it up.

6777 has also been returned to 100th from 126.

9400s at Mannyville...well I'll be damned.

I dont know how bad the damage was because I saw a picture of it just like you did. I would imagine that it is a lot worse than when 5629 fell off the lift over here. 5629's fall was cushioned by another bus and a coolant drain. 7788 looks like it fell straight down onto the floor and the koni lift that it slipped off of.

I didn't see the picture until now...

iza.jpg

just damn...