MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

Okay sure, what you say is your best bet. 

I do have proper sources and would like to post anything accurate as reference. 

Do I feel guilty of posting moves in the past that's not true? Yes. That takes note on what do from that. 

I was hoping to start the first day of January of the new year to not have anything inaccurate but to say too much was in the past, not this year. Do I take account and fault for this info? Yes. 

Does it bother everyone to see a roster with misinformation? Yes . Do I want to keep doing that? No

Do I want to go back in time and remove all the inaccuracy before? I wish but that cannot be done. 

And to add, being called annoying is why the reply had a backlash. I could've given my best answer to you here or on message if "annoying" was the case.  And I am aware there are mods watching, if I see it with approval, then I post. Why would I post 1536 at LGA? It was there but knowing it arrived next day but saw it at another location. Otherwise, I leave it be until approval.

If you don't mind me asking, what sources do you use? I suggest you try to notice a pattern with which sources are providing which false information and stop relying on them.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BenTheMiner said:

If you don't mind me asking, what sources do you use? I suggest you try to notice a pattern with which sources are providing which false information and stop relying on them.

Depot sightings from myself, others from a photo and bus operators (who shall not be named for privacy) and ok.. 

7500, 7502, 7503, 7505, 7506, 7547, 7549: Jamaica to Gun Hill. 7486 is currently used for training at Gun Hill.

Currently, 22 XD40s were transferred to The Bronx. I question this decision because Brooklyn's XD40 order is wrapping up, and they will want displaced buses to replace the Hybrids. Unless the LFS HEVs at Gun Hill are having issues, we will have to wait and see.

Edited by RSMG106

11 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

7500, 7502, 7503, 7505, 7506, 7547, 7549: Jamaica to Gun Hill. 7486 is currently used for training at Gun Hill.

Currently, 22 XD40s were transferred to The Bronx. I question this decision because Brooklyn's XD40 order is wrapping up, and they will want displaced buses to replace the Hybrids. Unless the LFS HEVs at Gun Hill are having issues, we will have to wait and see.

Or they're getting the ops ready for next year when the New Flyer hydrogen units are sent there. Whatever the reason is, the prospect of seeing diesel New Flyers in the northern part of the bx again is interesting.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

27 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Or they're getting the ops ready for next year when the New Flyer hydrogen units are sent there. Whatever the reason is, the prospect of seeing diesel New Flyers in the northern part of the bx again is interesting.

It is pretty interesting. Especially because it turns out to be a fleet swap. 

8331, 8333-8347, 8349, 8351-8355, 8358: Gun Hill to Jamaica.

Edited by RSMG106

4 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

They wouldn't need 22 buses to train operators on two buses. They would still have to train ops on the XHEs especially since they'll be much more different from the XD40s all around.

4 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

They won't. None of this lines up with anything. Gun Hill's LFS HEVs are fine. The XD40 order was not a complete bus-for-bus replacement. They'll still have some left over and have enough buses as a spare factor to retire them without needing any other buses.

Edited by Cait Sith

54 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

They wouldn't need 22 buses to train operators on two buses. They would still have to train ops on the XHEs especially since they'll be much more different from the XD40s all around.

They won't. None of this lines up with anything. Gun Hill's LFS HEVs are fine. The XD40 order was not a complete bus-for-bus replacement. They'll still have some left over and have enough buses as a spare factor to retire them without needing any other buses.

So does this mean that those last 4 NGs at East NY can leave without needing displaced buses from other depots?

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

What was the point of swapping fleets?? It doesn't make any sense.

22 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

So does this mean that those last 4 NGs at East NY can leave without needing displaced buses from other depots?

Before when 7925 was the last XD-40 of the 2022 order arrived at the depot, they had a good total and enough for service. They just held the Next Gens on hold for future movements for retirement or going to MTA Bus, their amount was at 9 units. Same with Kingsbridge having enough units for service as they have 4 NGs that can be moved. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, xD4nn said:

What was the point of swapping fleets?? It doesn't make any sense.

It's not a permanent swap from my understanding.

My guess is to get operators trained on those buses in the event there is snowfall. Often times when there is snowfall, GH usually gets the LFSs and Orions. And with the Orions being retired, they'll have to get used to another fleet of buses.

Edited by Cait Sith