MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll come back, but not too soon.

Also for a bit of a mindblower cause it caught me off guard when I was at the upper level of Charleston Depot.....4513 with Grand Avenue decals was there. Not sure if this is a swap or just a 1-day thing.

I think it'll come back, but not too soon.

Also for a bit of a mindblower cause it caught me off guard when I was at the upper level of Charleston Depot.....4513 with Grand Avenue decals was there. Not sure if this is a swap or just a 1-day thing.

They can fix 8017 if they want to which they might do but itll be away for a while .

Now that's a surprise, came outta nowhere! But I'm always happy for Quill to take on new RTSes... [Wonder if we'll ever get the 5190s back.] Gotta say I don't understand the FB moves, is it giving up the "new" RTSes to take on older ones until the LFSAs show up?

Also minor transfer, a few OGs just came back from Zerega (6377) among them, and that's put a halt on the loaner RTSes for now.

Seems like it. FB has been getting a bunch of 9300s and 9500s from UP and FP respectively. It seemed like none of the 9600s were moved till 9667, that on top of how 9079/80 etc are still around. Something had to be moved, though obviously I wished it wasn't the newer RTSs. Sigh, i'll miss those 5200s, they were good buses to ride.

Also I can probably see that since those cameras don't work compared to the newer ones installed on the NGs, there's less of a need for those buses now. Although the NGs don't have the partitions that most of the 5000 RTSs do. I do hope that installing those partitions hasn't been a total loss [FB installing them only for other depots to get them].

5200 & 5201 FB to MJQ..

Just spotted on 23rd and 7th heading to MJQ.

Never would've expected this at all. But at least now all the 5200s RTSs are at manahttan...

9546, which I reported earlier in the week was confirmed by caine on Subchat. It had GA stickers on, but was running on the b82. I wasn't sure if it was a loaner, but since he and I spotted it on different days, it could be a transfer. So verdict is still out on it.

Edited by Grand Concourse

8992 now at East New York, and 4137 at the Pond. One in, one out.

Pains me to say it, but FP is really feeling like a hybrid depot these days, those RTSes are becoming few and far between.

Also to correct that other forum, 9667 is still at Flatbush, not ENY.

Edited by MHV9218

Well I'm lost. FB buses to MJQ, MJQ buses to UP, MHV buses to KB, and MHV buses to CH?

That doesn't even make sense... Did the Spring Pick start yet? That could explain why there's swapping, but I'm still confused regarding what they're swapping.

I may swing by the depot if I have time tomorrow to try to find out how Mannyville is even gonna make service if they're giving up 4-7 buses when the 63-6400s are leaving at the same time for overhauls.

Well I'm lost. FB buses to MJQ, MJQ buses to UP, MHV buses to KB, and MHV buses to CH?

That doesn't even make sense... Did the Spring Pick start yet? That could explain why there's swapping, but I'm still confused regarding what they're swapping.

I may swing by the depot if I have time tomorrow to try to find out how Mannyville is even gonna make service if they're giving up 4-7 buses when the 63-6400s are leaving at the same time for overhauls.

Don't forget about all the recalled hybrids. They will account for one or two buses here and there. We may even see crazy swaps with those for some time to come as they are rotated out of service for maintenance.

Same likely goes for the RTS also. The best/newest 300 are being overhauled. I have a issue with that though. I will address that in this thread a little later.

Yes, I believe the Spring pick started yesterday, the 8th.

Yep.

LGA really isnt that short...I see buses in there sitting in the lot during the rush hour!

Probably a reason they're sitting there...probably all broken down!

Already posted I know, but just got passed by 5200 on the M8, nice seeing the Quill stickers back on that bus.

5624 not being sent makes me scratch my head as well. And I'm not an B/O nor will I ever be if I can help it. That "thanks for the overtime" line was poking fun at the poorly maintained buses we have been receiving from the OA depots as of late.