MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Yesterday I saw something very bizarre...two things actually. Orion Next Gen 3961 on the s74 to Tottenville and Orion Next Gen 4513 on the S78 to Saint George. 4513 came from Grand Avenue and still has GA stickers, 3961 I'm not sure where that came from. Does anyone know what's going on ?

Some of Charleston's NGs probably went upstate due to the recall, I had reported all three of those NGs a few days ago. 3961-3962 and 4513 while 3963 and 3964 is at CS.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great, KB got 3960? I'm losing track of these moves...

9422 and 9425 I assume are just daily loaners, no? I'm out of town but my guess is yesterday there were two different RTSes pulled for service.

9391 at Flatbush from Ulmer Park with UP decals... In maintenance bay being registered.

Wow & I just saw it saturday . I think these buses are going from up to fb because fb are getting rid of their older buses & when the new buses come in then these rts may go back to ulmer park .

@ Acela Express, buses don't have to be re-registered when they switch depots. When you see a fresh swap in a maintenance bay, its usually just getting a pre service inspection.

Thats what he means , its being checked and approved to go into passenger service & its getting the fb radio code put in & all that stuff .

@ Grand Concourse, each depot has its own operating budget and if a recently received bus is in bad condition, the cost of the repair usually falls on the buses new home. But I've seen cases in which a depot can reject swapped buses (most recently 5611 and 5617 at 126th). But I guess that all depends on how good the relationship Is between the AGM of the depot and the GM of the division.

9634 may be staying over at Manhattanville for a little while -- just saw it on its second run of the night, which means that bus didn't go straight back to 126th like every other loaner has. Still could go back to 126th, but it seems like that bus was more needed than any in the past.