MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8992 now at East New York, and 4137 at the Pond. One in, one out.

Pains me to say it, but FP is really feeling like a hybrid depot these days, those RTSes are becoming few and far between.

That's what I said a little more than a month ago! The number of RTS buses is decreasing at a good rate. Soon, Fresh Pond could become the Brooklyn Division's first all-hybrid bus depot.

NovaBus RTS-06 #8869 @ JA.

Darn.

That's what I said a little more than a month ago! The number of RTS buses is decreasing at a good rate. Soon, Fresh Pond could become the Brooklyn Division's first all-hybrid bus depot.

Now that would be plain awful. Between FP and UP, those RTSes are dying much too fast.

--

9639 at Manhattanville for the day.

FP is bleeding RTSes at this point...

The same can be said for QV right now too. We keep giving the 96XX series RTS to FLA but we have yet to get anything back. Although I miss QV being an RTS dominant depot the new buses are at least helping out very well. I'm kind of surprised that QV's still able to make service with the minor storage we got.

On a transferring note Novabus RTS-06 #9566 is not @ JA. I rode it a couple of days ago on the Q46.

Edited by gtNovaBusRTS9369

2 MCIs from LGA on hold for NJT??? What's going on

This may shed some light

Port Jervis Line: Buses Replace Trains between Port Jervis and Campbell Hall 8:30 AM to 5 PM Weekdays - April 9 through April 20, 2012

April 03, 2012

On weekdays beginning Monday, April 9 and continuing through Friday, April 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Metro-North and NJ TRANSIT will replace ties and perform other maintenance work between Otisville and Campbell Hall stations.

To accommodate this work, Port Jervis Line trains will be replaced by buses between Port Jervis and Campbell Hall. Trains will operate between Campbell Hall and Hoboken in both directions.

While buses will operate on train schedules, customers are encouraged to allow extra travel time.

TRAVELING INBOUND (TOWARD HOBOKEN):

• Inbound trains affected include: Trains 58, 62, 64 and 66.

• Buses traveling eastbound will depart Port Jervis, Otisville and Middletown on train times and operate directly to Harriman Station, where customers will transfer to trains.

• Trains will depart Campbell Hall on schedule, but will not depart Harriman until all buses have arrived and customers have transferred.

• Local travel between Port Jervis, Otisville and Middletown stations will be handled by shuttle van service.

TRAVELING OUTBOUND (TOWARD PORT JERVIS):

• Outbound trains affected include: Trains 43, 45 and 49.

• Trains will depart Hoboken as scheduled and will operate as far as Campbell Hall.

• Customers continuing to Middletown, Otisville and Port Jervis will detrain at Harriman for substitute buses.

• Customers traveling to Salisbury Mills and Campbell Hall will remain on the train to their destination.

BOARDING CHANGES AT SEVERAL STATIONS

• Customers should listen for announcements and/or follow the direction of NJ TRANSIT and Metro- North staff to ensure that they are boarding the correct bus or train.

If you have any questions, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at 973-275-5555.

Although the only thing that kinda surprises me is the buses are from MTA Bus. Doesn't NYCT have some of their own buses to spare? I know MTA Bus now covers subway shuttles like SC for L shuttles, but MNCR as well?

MTA Bus covered a number of MNRR shuttles within the past years.

Yesterday I was informed that 520 and 525 were in service on the Q-65 Both were in service. I did question about 1 of the buses being 520 and I was told yes its a CP bus with CP stickers on it.

520 is a SC bus, and I did spot 520 yesterday on Flatbush and Nostrand deadheading back to the depot.