MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they go to MTA bus, Give some to JFK, Baisley Park, EC, and Spring Creek.

Well if more garages get new buses including ulmer park then the older buses will go to either storage or mta bus . The last rts buses to be in the system will be retired in 2015/16 then that is the end of that . Well the other type of rts are coming in the " Millenium Rts " . But transit shifts buses around because of a mileage thing & age thing .

Well if more garages get new buses including ulmer park then the older buses will go to either storage or mta bus . The last rts buses to be in the system will be retired in 2015/16 then that is the end of that . Well the other type of rts are coming in the " Millenium Rts " . But transit shifts buses around because of a mileage thing & age thing .

Your exactly right. but I don't see these 99 RTS buses breaking down anytime soon. For the most, I forsee those to have a little more life for another 2-3 years after 2015/2016.

I second this. The XD40 is all around a great bus. I've always said that New Flyer knows how to make buses. Stylish ones too in my opinion.

Stylish? For canada maybe. IMO, the LFS takes the title of stylish. It actually looks like a bus that belongs in this era of transit.

Here tha pics:

042312-01.jpg

042312-02.jpg

I would have made a thread off it, but I just recently posted one, and someone just posted a thread with an earlier recent catch of 522, so not the best time to do it. video will come much later, just started uploading.

EDIT: and whaddya know, video already uploaded! wow this is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWcjFku8o0

Edited by 4P3607

They'll be around a little longer with the O7 recall. But yes, ex-NYCT RTSs will be an improvement over the ex-BL and ex-GL O5s

Well i hope the more RTS that comes in the more they push the ex bl out. The yard dispatch knows if he dont have any hybrids left he will always give me a RTS cause they know i hate those ex bl, i think the NYCT orion is better. But i think once FB get those artics LGA will be getting the rest of the RTS. JFK/BP will be getting artics soon unless the 07 from SC comes over when SC complete the CNG orders.