MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 new arrivals to the LGA depot. They are: 8798, 8855, and 9085. Also ECH now has 6010, 6012, 6019, 6021, and 6027 There is a 6th 6000 At ECH at this time I do not have the # of it Im sorry.

In the case that this continues is it possible that the 6XXX series of Orion V's replace the in service 96' RTS @ ECH?

ohh noo! 800 949 whyy...smh...theres on......... 92x that has a whine too it like what 5084 had...is that still there or gone?

They are being scrapped because its time for them to go & the tanks expired ( well not really but you know .... And its 962 , 982 & another one but they fixed 982 i think . I dont know about the other one i haven't seen it in 3 weeks .

Finally 9843 is dead lol. Tho it was a good bus...

Yea 9843 is at east chester .

They didn't get rid of 876 did they?? That has the best transmission whine out of any C40LF.

Yeah i think its gone , if i see it on the street ill let you know . I haven't seen it lately , or unless its here and i haven't been paying attention .

Here is some odd news, 8775 which is at ECH scrap/storage was seen being pushed IN TO the ECH shops FROM the SCRAP line this happened on Saturday afternoon. I am told that It will be returning to service. I wonder what thats all about? Im just not sure as to where it will go to? Any guesses? Any one? :wacko:

Edited by T J Trainman

^ Was just by ECH, surprised I missed that. Those 5370s and 5380s all lined up are a real sight though.

Interesting seeing more 6000s going to ECH, makes sense that they're sending RTSes along with QV to LGA to push out some of the oldest RTSes and Bee-Lines.

Correction on a post I made a while back (teach me not to trust SubChat), 9206 is still over at FP.

I have learned as of today.....4002, 8017, 3741 and 3548 are not off the roster and are awaiting repairs and returns to service. Depending on the circumstances and the insurances, will determine how long said buses are out.

Interesting. Based on the pics of the ogs that caught fire, I would've figured they were beyond repair and it would be simpler/cheaper or less of a hassle to just replace them with newer buses and the mta/insurance covering the difference. Edited by Grand Concourse

There are 3 new arrivals to the LGA depot. They are: 8798, 8855, and 9085. Also ECH now has 6010, 6012, 6019, 6021, and 6027 There is a 6th 6000 At ECH at this time I do not have the # of it Im sorry.

I wonder if the BX is about to become RTS-less once again, if ECH is going back to all O5's??????

We'll usually in the end of the year or the beginning they start bring back those rts bus like every year since the year of 2008 and so on until they get send to ech to get scrap while bring more to wf depot to run. I wonder if they gonna do that again in 2013.

Updated as of 1:20 today... Due to the issue with the 2002-03 D60HF Thermo King HVACs, There is Five [5] CS 5900s at MQ and Seven [7] CS 5900s at KB, the rest are at CS where they should be. Also, due to the frequency in which these 5900s have been moving and since they are loaners only, the roster reflects them being at CS as they will be back at CS by the end of the weekend.

http://www.ttmg.org/...ns_Depot_Roster

I think they're gonna be staying longer than that. As posted 5911 is still there, and I'm on 5917 right now (loudest bus I've ever ridden, these new HVACs must mean everything's different).