MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5024 at MJQ with corresponding decals.

Spotted on the M23 this AM.

This been back @ quill months ago ....

Spotted 5056 back at Quill with cOrresponding decals.

Bus came from Flatbush.

I meant to post this yesterday , i saw it on the M42

Believe 5055-5059 all returned, also surprised at how many RTSes you've been seeing on the M23. And I think 5024 never left Quill, only 5025.

I believe I saw 5024 in Ulmer Park or Flatbush once a upon of time before returning back to sender at Quill.. Prolly a while ago.

Right, 5025 is still at UP.

The whole point of buying them was it was a bunch of buses for cheap and the idea was to use them for maybe 2-5yrs. It was a good plan, the problem is that they should've gone to depots that do better jobs at maintaining older buses as opposed to places with bad/less experience with them.

I'm sorry but the Ex BL's just were not meant for the City Street and Workloads......MJQ couldn't keep those things in pristine shape...

They're done they need to go, either pull some RTS out of storage, send over the 600 series O5's or send over some D60HF's instead of retiring them. But the Bees have GOT TO GO! NOW!

I'm sorry but the Ex BL's just were not meant for the City Street and Workloads......MJQ couldn't keep those things in pristine shape...

They're standard Orion V diesel transit buses - how are they any different from the 600's and the 6000-6300's? Orion didn't build them any lighter just because they were going to a suburban transit system.

Fellas I have to post this forgive my rant here, East New York, and or Caitsith please do not delete, Im am getting quite annoyed with this "scrap the Bee Line nonsense". They are regular Orion 5s just like the 600s etc. When the MTA feels like retiring them they will do so. Its just that WCBL took much better care of them thats all. As to what will replace them. I am not authorized to release that info. At this time, please understand. Im sorry. Thanks.

I agree. Yes most of them are on their last legs, but imo there was at least 114 from LGA that I rode in February this year that ran pretty well. That was still ok, but yes they probably shouldn't have been around this long, but what can the MTA do? The new buses aren't coming in any faster and the NGs are getting their batteries replaced. Like it or not those ex Bees are still needed.

As for the 5000s at UP, that doesn't make sense. Why would they be getting some 5000s when they already have among the younger or more balanced local fleet age now? Is ENY going to get newer buses soon?

Edited by Grand Concourse

5907, 126th loaner for the day

So maybe you can explain, is it the D60s or the LFSAs that are causing trouble? Seems like the D60s since I can't imagine 126 would need a loaner when they only have ten regular service LFSAs.

So maybe you can explain, is it the D60s or the LFSAs that are causing trouble? Seems like the D60s since I can't imagine 126 would need a loaner when they only have ten regular service LFSAs.

From I what understand it's HVAC thermo king A/C issues, I could be wrong though. Vintage Soul might be able to clear that up too.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

We haven't had any HVAC problems with the D60's outside of the ordinary. And our LFSA's have mobile carrier HVAC. So i don't really know what's going on with other depot's buses other than the rumors that I hear. And that rumor was that the larger Thermo King HVAC units on the newer LFSA's drew so many amps from the alternator that over time the buses would not start. I also heard a Lil something extra out that conversation with someone saying : "the problem better be fixed by the time we get our buses or we will send them right the (four letter word) back to nova".

Fellas I have to post this forgive my rant here, East New York, and or Caitsith please do not delete, Im am getting quite annoyed with this "scrap the Bee Line nonsense". They are regular Orion 5s just like the 600s etc. When the MTA feels like retiring them they will do so. Its just that WCBL took much better care of them thats all. As to what will replace them. I am not authorized to release that info. At this time, please understand. Im sorry. Thanks.

Except when I ride around CS's 600's I'm not:

- Feeling every bump in the Road due to horrible shocks

- The back row of seats being overly hot because of the heat from the engine

- AC's that barely blow any air

- People that don't know how to use the Rear Doors...

- Very Slow take offs

- Don't have the feeling like the Bus is gonna friggin fall a part in the middle of street

- Seat Cushions on the Floor and Ripped

The Bees were built for SUBURBAN USE NOT THE CITY and their Struggle shows it....