MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Except when I ride around CS's 600's I'm not:

- Feeling every bump in the Road due to horrible shocks

- The back row of seats being overly hot because of the heat from the engine

- AC's that barely blow any air

- People that don't know how to use the Rear Doors...

- Very Slow take offs

- Don't have the feeling like the Bus is gonna friggin fall a part in the middle of street

- Seat Cushions on the Floor and Ripped

The Bees were built for SUBURBAN USE NOT THE CITY and their Struggle shows it....

1. EVERY bus that has a DDS50 gets hot at the rear, that's a given. Moot point.

2. That's everywhere! LOL!

3. Seat cushions? Last time I checked, them buses had fabric on the seats, not seat cushions.You must be thinking of the 5900s because the Bees dont got those!

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except when I ride around CS's 600's I'm not:

- The back row of seats being overly hot because of the heat from the engine

Come on, nearly every DD50 bus in the fleet is like that, even the hybrids on certain runs like the S89 after the long run over Bayonne Bridge, the LSFAs on the M60s etc.

You was reaching with that point dude.

Looks like UP's fleet is about to be younger. I would say this. Expect some moves b/w UP to FB and or ENY, and ENY to UP.

they aren't swapping anything , remember when they sent 5135 & 36 - u.p a while back ? Well they sent them there to test the cameras ( not that they actually worked ) but now they sent 5039 & 40 - u.p because those 2 have partitions in them and they are going to put partitions in Ulmer parks rts's so they're probably going to be there for 2 weeks or so just to test them out so it's temporary for now .

Have they been spotted in service yet?

yup , saw them both lasnight & this morning .

I used to like them because they seemed unique. But after constantly catching them on the Q112 for about 3 or 4 weeks straight I just got annoyed. I enjoy the Orion 7's more. By the way wasn't BP originally suppose to have 3500-3525 I only noticed them with only 3523 and 3525 left and a bunch of other scattered numbers in the 3500 3600 and 3700's

By the way wasn't BP originally suppose to have 3500-3525 I only noticed them with only 3523 and 3525 left and a bunch of other scattered numbers in the 3500 3600 and 3700's

They originally had them but lost em after the big mileage swap done a while back.

Orion_3504.jpg

Orion_3510.jpg

Orion_3511.jpg

I used to like them because they seemed unique. But after constantly catching them on the Q112 for about 3 or 4 weeks straight I just got annoyed. I enjoy the Orion 7's more. By the way wasn't BP originally suppose to have 3500-3525 I only noticed them with only 3523 and 3525 left and a bunch of other scattered numbers in the 3500 3600 and 3700's

3525 was from FR, 3523 is the only original BP hybrid besides 3766-83, to me that mileage crap is bullshit, these were well maintained buses and they were sent to a Garbage Dump and they gave us their garbage in return, i rode 3503 on the Q52 and the bus has missing pieces in the drivers area, its ashame how Basiley Park gets F(&cked over all the time, that swap was like 2006 when they took ALL of our good RTS and gavel us 8000's but watch those 3500's are gonna comeback once they are all tore up

1. EVERY bus that has a DDS50 gets hot at the rear, that's a given. Moot point.

Come on, nearly every DD50 bus in the fleet is like that, even the hybrids on certain runs like the S89 after the long run over Bayonne Bridge, the LSFAs on the M60s etc.

You was reaching with that point dude.

Do they get so hot that people would rather stand then sit in the back row....I have seen crowded Q111/113's with empty back row seats because they feel like your literally sitting your ass right on the engine.

Do they get so hot that people would rather stand then sit in the back row....I have seen crowded Q111/113's with empty back row seats because they feel like your literally sitting your ass right on the engine.

Yes, hop on the older 8700-9200 series RTSs and you'll feel the heat coming straight out of them. Sometimes it gets to the point where people arent even AT the rear because its so hot!

Edited by Cait Sith

It does seem strange seeing them around and they all actually had West Farms stickers. I wonder why they are coming back.

That's a good question , I guess because the 4xx's are coming in and they have enough buses so they sent those out . Theyve been doing bus moves @ gleason since saturday so everything is moving out and in quickly , they just did some yesterday morning , someone brough 7572 in from being over hauled , someone brought 2 4xx's in also in the morning .

Yes, hop on the older 8700-9200 series RTSs and you'll feel the heat coming straight out of them. Sometimes it gets to the point where people arent even AT the rear because its so hot!

That happens when guys forget to put the insulation back after working on the engine. Or sometimes it gets ripped up when being removed, so they order a new one but it never gets put in...

I was just informed that 6005 is now at the ECH depot. 6008 might or might not be with it. Stay tuned. And yes these moves will probably go to hell as well. LOL!!!!

A tip before anyone posts....please CONFIRM YOUR MOVES OR CONFIRM YOUR BUSES THAT ARE GOING TO GET SCRAPPED before posting...its becoming a nuisance seeing moves that may or may not be true or moves that may or may not happen.

Please pay attention to that. Also, please look at this before you post....

http://www.ttmg.org/...ns_Depot_Roster

Thank you.

Edited by Cait Sith