MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally 7001 is at QV!! And what happened to C40LF 440 at gleason?

BTW its August...where is 4812 and 4899?

Dude you can't rush things , it's just a bus . Relax! It'll come soon .... At least you've been on one , they're all the same thing .

If I go to Atlantic Detroit Diesel/ Allison in Lodi, NJ with a bus and don't have a bus to bring back, how do I get back to LGA or any MTA facility for that matter? Or better yet, I take a bus from CP to ECH scrap with nothing in return to CP, how do I get back to CP?

You take a bus back in revenue service , don't know which one but you can take a bus back or a company car will go. But I saw a move to east Chester before & it was one person who took the bus there and nobody followed him so he had to take the bus back in revenue service .

You take a bus back in revenue service , don't know which one but you can take a bus back or a company car will go. But I saw a move to east Chester before & it was one person who took the bus there and nobody followed him so he had to take the bus back in revenue service .

ABSOFUCINGLUTLEY NOT! I have a car assigned to my post & they will assign upto and including even if it is overtime a BO, Maintainer,helper,line supervisior or a dispatcher bring you back safely and in a timley fashion. THE MTA WILL NOT ALLOW A OPERATOR ON DUTY IN A PLANNED BUS MOVE TO LOOSE HOURS ON END IN PUBLIC TRANSIT & LIABILTY FOR INJURY ON DUTY OR BE A CRIME VICTIM THAT MTA WILL BE LIABLE FOR. IT IS AN IN EFFECT POLICY! They will have a parts truck bring you back even if it is out of their way. They will have road control Or even a service truck bring you back. Further more YOU DIDN'T see a move to ECH and the BO had to take a bus back, how do I know, because you did'nt see the begining of the move, the BO was dropped off at the depot where the bus was at and came to ECH. Also the BO has an option to clear from the depot where the move ends if it is the end of your trick. I DO THESE MOVES FOR A LIVING I AM A DIVISION SHIFTER, most moves are arranged in 3, 4 or even 5 way moves involving buses and non-revenue vehicles. I have been transported by vendor vehicles to destinations for moves. NOT ALL MTA vehicles are marked. My unit is assigned a black impala ex-MTA police car. You may speculate as much as you want, but you do NOT do this job! I DO! So do NOT speak or post on which you do NOT know. If you want to know ask those who actually do this for info. DO NOT EVER TELL ME OR ANOTHER employee how to or how they do their jobs OK! BTW if you guess or assume it is BULLSHIT & HORSESHIT! And bullshit & horseshit is bad for ya!

4947 & 65 @ ulmer park , could be there for work but they have no depot stickers & they came in with them , 441 & 42 @ gleason saw them both on the 8 .

ABSOFUCINGLUTLEY NOT! I have a car assigned to my post & they will assign upto and including even if it is overtime a BO, Maintainer,helper,line supervisior or a dispatcher bring you back safely and in a timley fashion. THE MTA WILL NOT ALLOW A OPERATOR ON DUTY IN A PLANNED BUS MOVE TO LOOSE HOURS ON END IN PUBLIC TRANSIT & LIABILTY FOR INJURY ON DUTY OR BE A CRIME VICTIM THAT MTA WILL BE LIABLE FOR. IT IS AN IN EFFECT POLICY! They will have a parts truck bring you back even if it is out of their way. They will have road control Or even a service truck bring you back. Further more YOU DIDN'T see a move to ECH and the BO had to take a bus back, how do I know, because you did'nt see the begining of the move, the BO was dropped off at the depot where the bus was at and came to ECH. Also the BO has an option to clear from the depot where the move ends if it is the end of your trick. I DO THESE MOVES FOR A LIVING I AM A DIVISION SHIFTER, most moves are arranged in 3, 4 or even 5 way moves involving buses and non-revenue vehicles. I have been transported by vendor vehicles to destinations for moves. NOT ALL MTA vehicles are marked. My unit is assigned a black impala ex-MTA police car. You may speculate as much as you want, but you do NOT do this job! I DO! So do NOT speak or post on which you do NOT know. If you want to know ask those who actually do this for info. DO NOT EVER TELL ME OR ANOTHER employee how to or how they do their jobs OK! BTW if you guess or assume it is BULLSHIT & HORSESHIT! And bullshit & horseshit is bad for ya!

I never said that , all i said is what i saw/heard but alright ...

So how about that 9079 again. The 9079 which is currently assigned to JA.

You've gotta be kidding me. Now it's at JA? I don't know man I'm not gonna be at QV untill October. So I guess those files that I had put together have to be sent out again.

Edited by dmouse

You've gotta be kidding me. Now it's at JA? I don't know man I'm not gonna be at QV untill October. So I guess those files that I had put together have to be sent out again.

They'll send the files when they sent them. The files LGA did receive were the fuel, oil & coolant analysis.

4947 & 65 @ ulmer park , could be there for work but they have no depot stickers & they came in with them , 441 & 42 @ gleason saw them both on the 8 .

I never said that , all i said is what i saw/heard but alright ...

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see at the MTA & you did answer the questions as if you KNOW better than I, to questions that I actually do on a daily basis for a living. Just like, that BO's don't know what they're talking about unless they're in the hobby (XD60), as if you are the authority on all things MTA. Fact and speculation are two different things, knowing the difference is important. Telling someone something as fact when they live the fact is not only arrogant, but very annoying.

9829 & 70 are up against the fence @ Gleason awaiting scrap.

What run was 441 on? I saw and shot 442 in between the showers.

it was on the 8 I don't know the run but it started @ 86th street going to Brownsville . I saw you taking the photo of 442 I was on 86th street and I saw it going down and I was driving going towards dyker & I saw you standing there .

9829 & 70 are up against the fence @ Gleason awaiting scrap.

it was on the 8 I don't know the run but it started @ 86th street going to Brownsville . I saw you taking the photo of 442 I was on 86th street and I saw it going down and I was driving going towards dyker & I saw you standing there .

And u didn't stop to see if he needed a ride?? That's f'ed up !! Lol

So the BLs are finally hitting the scrapyard, I get the impression the gap is gonna be filled by the RTSes that come out of the program at Zerega? LGA is gonna be one RTS-heavy depot.

Im not really sure. I think the plan is to retire the LGA Bees......

Yep, RTS heavy and as the bee's have major issues they'll get knocked down. I remember driving them at Liberty and never thought in my life, I would be the one bringing them to scrap, let alone scrapping them from the MTA. To me, at least it is kinda sad, but they are so beat. It's like pulling the plug out of mercy. However sad, I can try to give them a good send them off with a Liberty driver that drove them at their best and with some dignity.

Edited by TheHat