MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I don't understand why is the MTA replace the 1998-2000 D60HF's they are not even that old. The Orion V 1999's are not retiring and they are the same age. If anything that should go would be all the 1995-96 buses in NYC

the Orion Vs 6000-6300 those 1999 ones will be replaced with the winner of the BTE program which looks like more XD40LFs

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Orion Vs 6000-6300 those 1999 ones will be replaced with the winner of the BTE program which looks like more XD40LFs

Again, it's not a contest. It's just to see which brand does better with what. It could be one big order, or several small orders in such.

Have you been on those D60s? They were heavily used in the Bronx and Manhattan. It's just like the ex-Bees at LGA, the buses are shot and need to go. Plus RTSs are very well built and better handle punishment and it's a 40' replacing a 40' bus.

The RTS is a bulletproof bus for our day and age. Just as the fishbowl before it, the RTS was improved over & over with each model. If buses of today were built to the same standard instead of the throw away crap like the O7, there would be no need for the BT&E program of the MTA. The BT&E shows that most buses on the market today are not able to survive the streets of New York. The fishbowls were also bulletproof and like the RTS, just care for the bulkheads, powertrain and seal the body properly to keep the harness dry and free of corosion. Those old workhorses, um I mean warhorses can last forever. That's IMHO, I could be wrong, but ask this. Why do the O7's need a midlife rehab at 4yrs. instead of 6yrs. and still SHYT PCS, traction motors & severe frame cracks that Orion needs to fix weekly at Oriskany on the NG which was an improvement over the OG?

2 XD40's were not accepted and are still being "treated" at NEBus to be accepted. On another note an 40ft. Nova LFS hybrid is at Zerega, I saw it in person. No details as yet, but it is there.

2 XD40's were not accepted and are still being "treated" at NEBus to be accepted. On another note an 40ft. Nova LFS hybrid is at Zerega, I saw it in person. No details as yet, but it is there.

You sure it's the hybrid and not the battery electric LFS? Because when I talked to one of the Novabus venders, he told me that there was a possibility that we were going to test the battery electric LFS...

You sure it's the hybrid and not the battery electric LFS? Because when I talked to one of the Novabus venders, he told me that there was a possibility that we were going to test the battery electric LFS...

If this is the bus he saw:

Novabus_Nova_LFSHev.jpg

Then, its the battery-electric LFS. The vendor gave me a once over on the bus, its a slick little vehicle.

it's a hybrid version , it's white. It's a nice looking bus I have to say , I saw pictures of it last month at the novabus facility in jersey.

I hope the MTA doesn't accept Novabus as a winner can't handle crowds and I think ppl take up a lot of seats on the buses. There can be 6-7 empty seats only if they move over and take their stuff from the seat. If only Orion never left.

I'd rather novabus over orion , I can't stand Orion buses.

If this is the bus he saw:

[image of the battery-electric LFS]

Then, its the battery-electric LFS. The vendor gave me a once over on the bus, its a slick little vehicle.

That's the one, but it's not at Zerega at this time. I saw it on the westbound side of the Cross Bronx Expressway several minutes ago. I don't know if it's heading out to NJ or if it's heading towards a bus depot for a crew to check it out.

lead acid batteries back to SI? I thought that was the whole point of moving the 3800s and 3900s to Manhattan in the first place? I dunno if this makes much sense just because those buses have been used in service for an SBS line. M34SBS is getting artics? That's news to me if it happens.

Edited by Grand Concourse

lead acid batteries back to SI? I thought that was the whole point of moving the 3800s and 3900s to Manhattan in the first place? I dunno if this makes much sense just because those buses have been used in service for an SBS line. M34SBS is getting artics? That's news to me if it happens.

M34 is getting artics quite soon as 126 is currently taking delivery of their artics, it won't be long.

Also, I don't think that NG is going to be staying at Yukon. A number of 4200s are already wrapped for SBS service. It would make no sense to have 3800s down there.

I think that NG might be staying, because I was actually at Yukon depot earlier and parked inside, I saw an NG wrapped with the SBS wrap and the battery looked like the lead-acid battery. I could be wrong though.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.