MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why is the MTA replace the 1998-2000 D60HF's they are not even that old. The Orion V 1999's are not retiring and they are the same age. If anything that should go would be all the 1995-96 buses in NYC

I don't know about recently, but the MDBF numbers I saw a few years ago showed that the RTS's and the Orion V diesels were much more reliable than the D60HF's.

The same thing happened in Mississauga Ontario - the transit agency there kept their original groups of Orion V's for 15 to 17 years but has retired multiple orders of New Flyer artics right at the 12-year mark.

Edited by RailBus63

I though all the 1995's were retiring why does BP have to get them. We got new buses 3500-3523 and then those get taken away from us and we get FR loud and noisy hybrid. Then we get Orion's and we get more and more. Thes bused have a mean vibration when they are idling. If anything we should start to get those RTS's or even 1999 Orion's

5970, 5972, and 5973 just rolled in as well.

And about an hour ago, one of my best friends hit me up and told me he was riding on bus 5972 on the M60 & he spotted 5970 in service too! They aren't playing with getting these buses on the road!

Edited by Princelex

And about an hour ago, one of my best friends hit me up and told me he was riding on bus 5972 on the M60 & he spotted 5970 in service too! They aren't playing with getting these buses on the road!

I can confirm that. I missed 5970 by a minute.

Wow, 5972 went into service? I saw that one and 5973 parked right by the bridge entrance.

I though all the 1995's were retiring why does BP have to get them. We got new buses 3500-3523 and then those get taken away from us and we get FR loud and noisy hybrid. Then we get Orion's and we get more and more. Thes bused have a mean vibration when they are idling. If anything we should start to get those RTS's or even 1999 Orion's

The MTA Hates the depot, I GOT PISSED when they took 3500-3522,24, 3523 is still at BP, they also took 3759-65, people clam its a milage thing, To Me that BS, they just wanted to take our good buses like in 2006 when they took ALL of our good RTS, its a shame that BP is getting Junk, but BP will fix 139 up, they are in the garage being worked on, but I agree with you, i don't mind RTS but when they gave us these orions then i knew these buses weren't gonna last, Esp. on Jamaica Ave on the Q110

The MTA Hates the depot, I GOT PISSED when they took 3500-3522,24, 3523 is still at BP, they also took 3759-65, people clam its a milage thing, To Me that BS, they just wanted to take our good buses like in 2006 when they took ALL of our good RTS, its a shame that BP is getting Junk, but BP will fix 139 up, they are in the garage being worked on, but I agree with you, i don't mind RTS but when they gave us these orions then i knew these buses weren't gonna last, Esp. on Jamaica Ave on the Q110

Never knew they were yours...