MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah & there are supposed to be more where that came from " Castleton " thats what i heard.

oohh helll noo :(....my favorites buses of the s.i fleet go bye bye...ughh...well...at least i can still ride em in brooklyn...so looks like staten island will become Orion island again...hopefully in the future...the more xd40s will replace those Orion Vs in staten island...

Good for you that you can handle the work but it's pretty surprising the MTA doesn't have more shifters to avoid that kind of 15, 16 hour day. I guess the story is that ECH RTSes head to LGA, LGA's oldest get rehabbed and go to QV, and the BLs get replaced by ex-NYCT RTSes from around the system?

So much for light duty, huh. One man unit on a two man post. Well I did have the help of 4 other BO's, on the ENY & BP moves, it's just the coordination of the moves rely on FB & radio removal after the buses are used to make the PM peak. I have done one-by-one moves of as many buses before. LGA's oldest are not of issue. The ones for QV are buses that have been in & completed the "program". ECH RTS come to LGA, but as of late the BL's have no replacements in the deployment. Perhaps we may get other Nova RTS from depots. Or we may get some out of ECH storage/scrap, god help LGA if we do. I have a feeling that the rest of the buses we received from QV via Zerega "program" will leave also.

I'm guessin 9829 is gone right :( Well farewell JG Orion V's

It wasnt 9829 that was the only one there , it was 9870 also.

Well it is the last O5 at JG, but the last JG's O5 was the 500s which some went to CP. This will be the first time JG is all lf buses. (unless RTSs are borrowed for service.)

Not anymore & 9870 and 29 were the last 2 left. 70 was the last one in service , they were taken out of service about a month ago ( soon to be. There was 2 RTSs there the other week but they left , they were registered to be in service but they were just there for service work or they didnt need them anymore.

Supposedly a 9500 that was at FB has gone back to FP (and that seems to have made a certain subchat poster 'cream his pants'). I dunno what's so great about the 9500s. It wasn't like they were the best buses ever (and I know Acela's opinion of 9594)... So, meh, whatever floats that guy's boat since he cares so much about them even though FP has gotten a bunch of NGs.

http://www.subchat.c...d.asp?Id=266012

Edited by Grand Concourse

2 12xx LFSAs just passed me on the NJ Turnpike going south by exit 12, couldn't make out the exact numbers since I'm going north but they were SBS wrapped buses out of 126th. Figured I'd post that here.

You know that Gunhill has SBS wrapped 12xx's too right?? Unless u saw the depot logo...