MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the roster got taken down huh? I'm not surprised and I'm backing Mr Logan 1000%. I've been around these forums for years and I've never seen such blatant disrespect, mostly by kids, over transit equipment to satisfy their foaming mouths. Get girlfriends, and you will see that these are just buses that none of us OWN! This is why people who contribute positively are leaving by the masses!! Rosters were traditionally done once a month. When I followed the UTC roster, it was once a month they were updated. And it was perfectly fine. TTMG pretty much did this to AFAIK. If anything, I only checked it once a month. It's all that was needed. Now with all of these new fleets and movements, once a month gives the ones who put the rosters together enough time to confirm all the movements, and make sure it stays there. One day a bus may be at x depot and within the next 7 days it could be moved from x to y and kept outbof service for a week and then poof, it's at z depot. So here's how I feel what should be done:

If anyone has the care for the hobby (cause that what this is to ALL of us-a HOBBY!!! Even to the employees of the MTA) to maintain a roster, that person should be appreciated and RESPECTED!!! They should be thanked for their work which is always dome during their free time. Then, once their roster is updated, sure, continue to post movements here, but THATS IT!!!! Don't expect them to update just because you saw a bus somewhere else! They will see the post, get confirmation, and IF it stays, they will update it for the next month! Until then,back the Frak up on them! Besides,most of those who badger and demand updates, probably should be doing their homework and wondering if that girl in their class "likes" them or "like-likes" them.

Personally, I'm sick of allthe contributors getting slammed and demanded all the time. It's why I don't start doing custom stuff for here. And it's in so many threads! It's gotten to a point when threads of custom work are posted with disclaimers about what will happen if heads get to demanding. Chill out with the demands. And enjoy the ride!!!

End of rant

I'm sorry I went off topic here, but it needed to be said.

Edited by Far Rock Depot

So the roster got taken down huh? I'm not surprised and I'm backing Mr Logan 1000%. I've been around these forums for years and I've never seen such blatant disrespect, mostly by kids, over transit equipment to satisfy their foaming mouths. Get girlfriends, and you will see that these are just buses that none of us OWN! This is why people who contribute positively are leaving by the masses!! Rosters were traditionally done once a month. When I followed the UTC roster, it was once a month they were updated. And it was perfectly fine. TTMG pretty much did this to AFAIK. If anything, I only checked it once a month. It's all that was needed. Now with all of these new fleets and movements, once a month gives the ones who put the rosters together enough time to confirm all the movements, and make sure it stays there. One day a bus may be at x depot and within the next 7 days it could be moved from x to y and kept outbof service for a week and then poof, it's at z depot. So here's how I feel what should be done:

If anyone has the care for the hobby (cause that what this is to ALL of us-a HOBBY!!! Even to the employees of the MTA) to maintain a roster, that person should be appreciated and RESPECTED!!! They should be thanked for their work which is always dome during their free time. Then, once their roster is updated, sure, continue to post movements here, but THATS IT!!!! Don't expect them to update just because you saw a bus somewhere else! They will see the post, get confirmation, and IF it stays, they will update it for the next month! Until then,back the Frak up on them! Besides,most of those who badger and demand updates, probably should be doing their homework and wondering if that girl in their class "likes" them or "like-likes" them.

Personally, I'm sick of allthe contributors getting slammed and demanded all the time. It's why I don't start doing custom stuff for here. And it's in so many threads! It's gotten to a point when threads of custom work are posted with disclaimers about what will happen if heads get to demanding. Chill out with the demands. And enjoy the ride!!!

End of rant

I'm sorry I went off topic here, but it needed to be said.

And very well said too. I, for one, don't blame Trevor either. People today....... enough said.

7001 DID go to QV for a short stint.

Oh okay my mistake.

Lets not jump the gun, shall we? 4888 is on the S53 as per BusTime. Staten Island just might stay the way they are, lets wait and see....

Once again and I'm making this clear, CONFIRMED MOVES only!

More like ungrateful, whiny, bitchy, unappreciative foamers...

Yeah ok......

4839 is now at Ulmer Park---it laid down at Avenue H an Utica Avenue.

Came the other day.

Houston, we have a problem:

This roster is no longer available. I've decided to let someone else deal with the headache and ungratefulness shown in this hobby. We never claim 100% accuracy but we get damn close. Maybe sometime in the future, I will decide to bring back the rosters. 2 and 3 hours are spent each time a roster update is done, so let someone else do it or go to Wikipedia for a fleet roster or to the UTC for a depot roster. Tired, f**k this!

- Trevor Logan, 2012.

This is the story of the Internet in a nutshell. There were some really cool rail and transit enthusiast sites in the mid to late 1990's that gradually were taken down when their webmasters got tired of pouring their heart and soul into something only to see it nitpicked apart and trashed by others. The anonymity of the Internet often brings out the worst sides in people.

Alright fellas, look, I'm going to bring the rosters back, its not fair for me to punish everyone for the actions of a few. I need people to realize that at NO TIME do we at TTMG claim the roster to be 100% correct, but we do our DAMN best to get it as close as possible. Hours are spent to gather up information, HTML/WIKI and prep the rosters each time there is an update.

So all we ask is a little respect because truth be told, outside of us and the UTC, no one is making an effort to provide this information for fans at the level its being presented. Point blank....

Enjoy, Updated as of 4:15pm today:

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster