MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4710 back @ Zerega, 2251 has it's numbers and was test driving today I saw a couple of times between 1255 & 1447hrs and as of 1752hrs is not back @ Zerega.

Hat: 2 things to ask about 2251.

A) White destination sign or Orange destination. Reason I ask, last year I saw a MCI demo with a white destination sign rolling around manhattan. Had to be a factory demo bus, and there was a picture on here.

B) Which Staten Island depot is on the list for these buses? (If you know to your knowledge)

A) White destination sign or Orange destination. Reason I ask, last year I saw a MCI demo with a white destination sign rolling around manhattan. Had to be a factory demo bus, and there was a picture on here.

B) Which Staten Island depot is on the list for these buses? (If you know to your knowledge)

Do we even know what company its for, MTA Bus or NYCTA?

Mah pic

And its likely Orange.

Edited by Cait Sith

Do we even know what company its for, MTA Bus or NYCTA?

The bus (2251) is labeled for NYC Bus, supposedly MTA Bus will see some off this order as well. But we'll see, the MTA changes its mind hourly!

The bus for the most part is a carbon of 2210-2250, but there is some changes in the operators compartment also the outside rear panel has some extra louvers towards the top which matches the latest rear ends of the D4505 coachess coming out of MCI. These also sport a different powertrain than the 2210-2250 batch.

Edited by Vintage Soul

The bus (2251) is labeled for NYC Bus, supposedly MTA Bus will see some off this order as well. But we'll see, the MTA changes its mind hourly!

The bus for the most part is a carbon of 2210-2250, but there is some changes in the operators compartment also the outside rear panel has some extra louvers towards the top which matches the latest rear ends of the D4505 coachess coming out of MCI. These also sport a different powertrain than the 2210-2250 batch.

I hope Charleston gets a piece of the pie....

Why would MTA Bus get some new MCIs when they don't need any?

Unless they would push some 3000 series MCIs to NYCT.

I think all the MTA Bus Company MCI buses have orange destination signs, including the few inherited buses from New York Bus Service, right?

Also, it would be good to see 3000-series MCI buses operating under NYC Transit (although a few 3200s did operate under Transit for a while before).

Edited by kmilton100

4899 IS ATT CASTLETON!!!

4899 IS ATT CASTLETON!!!

son of a b....isn't on bustime -__-

I was waiting for an S79 SBS...and it passed me on the S52 going to the hospital....I mustt ridee itt!!! I musttt!!!

Lol I wanted too....but I was going to brooklyn....now I'm in bk....gotta wait till I get to s.I to ride that Detroit Diesel 11! Omg! They need to put it on bustime asap!

they will put bus time soon , meanwhile I need to go look or that one. Edited by ciboii22

-This bus has orange Horison gen IV signs, the side sign is just like the C40LF.

-This bus has the 380hp ISL to an Alison B500R w/ progressive shift.

-This bus has an improved exhaust defuser.

-This bus has the new drivers dash set up for the commuter criuser & the new MCI steering wheel.

-This bus has the new DPF seperate fuel tank.

-This bus has the bus time & Clever IVR & these devices take up the First 2 Street side parcel racks along with the radio.

-This bus has disc brakes.

-This bus has all led lighting, including the reverse and dash lights.

-This bus has outlets for passenger at 6 locations throuout the bus.

-This bus has American seating, but the upholsery is in a similar color and pattern of the Prevost.

-This bus DOES NOT have an ultra capacitor.

-This initial bus order is NOT going to MTA Bus.

-The option order MAY have some go to MTA Bus if part of the order is FTA funded.

-This order is NOT replacing the 7400's, the 7400's just had seat replacement and upgrade completed.

-This destination of this order has NOT been determined, but are replacing 1999 & 2000 model DL3's, the fait of the reserve fleet of MCI's in ECH is still to be determined.

-This informations' source, is the dpartment that ordered the bus.

-I was present and the first part of the initial acceptance proceedure at Zerega.

-This information is NOT up for interpretation.

-This bus has orange Horison gen IV signs, the side sign is just like the C40LF.

-This bus has the 380hp ISL to an Alison B500R w/ progressive shift.

-This bus has an improved exhaust defuser.

-This bus has the new drivers dash set up for the commuter criuser & the new MCI steering wheel.

-This bus has the new DPF seperate fuel tank.

-This bus has the bus time & Clever IVR & these devices take up the First 2 Street side parcel racks along with the radio.

-This bus has disc brakes.

-This bus has all led lighting, including the reverse and dash lights.

-This bus has outlets for passenger at 6 locations throuout the bus.

-This bus has American seating, but the upholsery is in a similar color and pattern of the Prevost.

-This bus DOES NOT have an ultra capacitor.

-This initial bus order is NOT going to MTA Bus.

-The option order MAY have some go to MTA Bus if part of the order is FTA funded.

-This order is NOT replacing the 7400's, the 7400's just had seat replacement and upgrade completed.

-This destination of this order has NOT been determined, but are replacing 1999 & 2000 model DL3's, the fait of the reserve fleet of MCI's in ECH is still to be determined.

-This informations' source, is the dpartment that ordered the bus.

-I was present and the first part of the initial acceptance proceedure at Zerega.

-This information is NOT up for interpretation.

A picture would go great with all of this