MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm...considering it still has Spring Creek depot stickers...

dsc09305y.jpg

Well thats because they never changed the stickers. Most depots dont change stickers until over time, they just put the bus in service. Just like when QV got the LFSs a few weeks back, they brought them up that day & put them in service with Ulmer Park stickers on them.

hmm...considering it still has Spring Creek depot stickers...

...yes? Like Ciboii said, that's not much of an indication. I've seen MHV buses go as long as six-seven months before finally getting the right stickers.

Anyway, those C40s must be at SC if these O7s are on the way out, wonder if those O5s are being scrapped too...

Well thats because they never changed the stickers. Most depots dont change stickers until over time, they just put the bus in service. Just like when QV got the LFSs a few weeks back, they brought them up that day & put them in service with Ulmer Park stickers on them.

ah ok thanks for clearing that up

Not always true. 5091 was mistakenly labeled for FB even though it went back to UP. Sometimes they take forever to change and other times they can be very quick to slap the new sticker on.

Has any of average or above intelligence folks done the math? There isn't enough C40LFs ordered to replace the remaining Orion 5 CNGs...lets do the math!

51 Orion 5 CNGs left at College Point....However CP is only getting 40 more C40LFs

11 Orion 5 CNGs and 31 Orion 7 HEVs at Spring Creek...However SC is only getting 30 more C40LFs.

Now supposedly, the C40LFs going to SC is suppose to replace the Orion 5s and 7s, this will leave SC 12 buses shy of meeting that quota. So my though process is that SC will NOT loose all of its O7HEVs after all. We'll see....

College Point is also 11 buses short of meeting the replacements of all the Orion 5 CNGs, however unlike SC, there is no scenario I can estimate on except maybe they'll keep the 11 BEST O5CNGs. BUT I do also know that the tanks are due to dereg on those buses no matter what condition the bodies are in. So something still doesn't add up.

Edited by Vintage Soul

3612 is at BP, 181 is OOS has missing doors and parts

I still think about 20 plus Orion V CNG's will stick around for another year or less, unless NYCT coul give up some OG Orion VII's or whatever i don't see these Orion V's going anywhere, I still think SC will give up thier Orion VII's they have been going first, im surpised that BP has 3612, so the Bee's are on their last days as well

Edited by R32 3838

Guest MTA Bus

Has any of average or above intelligence folks done the math? There isn't enough C40LFs ordered to replace the remaining Orion 5 CNGs...lets do the math!

51 Orion 5 CNGs left at College Point....However CP is only getting 40 more C40LFs

11 Orion 5 CNGs and 31 Orion 7 HEVs at Spring Creek...However SC is only getting 30 more C40LFs.

Now supposedly, the C40LFs going to SC is suppose to replace the Orion 5s and 7s, this will leave SC 12 buses shy of meeting that quota. So my though process is that SC will NOT loose all of its O7HEVs after all. We'll see....

College Point is also 11 buses short of meeting the replacements of all the Orion 5 CNGs, however unlike SC, there is no scenario I can estimate on except maybe they'll keep the 11 BEST O5CNGs. BUT I do also know that the tanks are due to dereg on those buses no matter what condition the bodies are in. So something still doesn't add up.

So, what you're saying is that there's a possibility that not all of the Orion V CNGs will be retired from CP ?

So, what you're saying is that there's a possibility that not all of the Orion V CNGs will be retired from CP ?

Its a possibility....74 buses to replace 83 buses....doesn't add up. And, there hasn't been word if any of the 120 bus option has been excersized (Yes 120, 90 Options off the original order and 30 options off the order transferred from Orion).

Edited by Vintage Soul

3612 is at BP, 181 is OOS has missing doors and parts

I still think about 20 plus Orion V CNG's will stick around for another year or less, unless NYCT coul give up some OG Orion VII's or whatever i don't see these Orion V's going anywhere, I still think SC will give up thier Orion VII's they have been going first, im surpised that BP has 3612, so the Bee's are on their last days as well

Will you stop saying that! The MTA WILL NOT, repeat, WILL NOT be giving up any Orion VII OG CNGs to MTA bus any time soon (if at all). If they did, then Jackie Gleason or West Farms would be short on buses!

Ok so i looked at the roster and saw gleason was missing a few c40s...some gaps...

now i can confirm...

474-was on B8

478-was on B70

487-Not in Service (shore road) near C.I hospital

All of the C40's are at gleason now, And you mean Shore Parkway I haven't seen 490 yet but its listed on the roster.

571, 572, 576, 577 and 579 are in the building....Spring Creek's building that is!

Well Alright!!!

Will you stop saying that! The MTA WILL NOT, repeat, WILL NOT be giving up any Orion VII OG CNGs to MTA bus any time soon (if at all). If they did, then Jackie Gleason or West Farms would be short on buses!

What are you even talking about? How would you know what the MTA will do?

CP has 51 Orion CNG's and they are getting 44 that means that 7-10 buses are short from there

SC has 11 Orion CNG's and Orion VII to replace. So it would make sense if they get some WF Orion 7's or SC gets most of the remaining order and CP gets Orion VII's. WF I think is getting more buses anyway.

Well I don't see them excercising the 90 bus option, that would make no sense as you would have an excess of CNG buses that you can't put anywhere else as Gleason, WF, SC & CP are the only CNG contenders

Now looking at it they could exercise the 30 bus option

As looking at it there would be 22 Orion V CNGS left to displace after the 74 order is done.

30-22 = 8

Still have 8 new buses but wait

You still have 25 remaining old C40s left

So you could knock off 8 of those to reserve leaving 17 old c40lfs active

Edited by dmouse